Thread: Covid question ???

Default Covid question ???

As I posted on here last Friday wife lost her sense of smell/taste all of a sudden. Protocol at public school is you go get covid test which she did and results came back positive this time (her 3rd test ). Both of us tested negative 2 weeks ago (her on 12/30 and me on 1/2)

I assume my fat ass is quarantined which I am doing

Hate to sound stupid but what do I do at this point and how long am I quarantined?? She is out of school until 2/1 according school district/DHEC

I have not really hit my busy time at my office but have plenty of year end work to do, my FT employee can handle most all of it with no problem but I can work remotely from my laptop . Not sure if it is ok to run by my office after hours and get some stuff or even do some work. With that said my FT employee is a “high risk” person so we have been doing everything possible to keep her safe in my office

I assume ok for me to go do stuff as long as no contact with anyone else ??

Thanks for any guidance on this, do not want to risk possibility of passing this on to someone else. I was told unless I have symptoms no need for another test for me right now ??

So far Cindy has very mild symptoms but I would be lying if I did not say this thing worries me since she is diabetic and our age (57 & 58) however other than that we are in good health. She does have type O- blood which her sis says puts odds in her favor

I don’t know about protocol but, if you do not have one, go to a Pharmacy and get a pulse ox monitor. Keep a close check on your oxygen saturation. Do it several times a day and if it gets below 94%, go to the ER. If one of y’all end up getting pneumonia this will help you catch it early on and possibly prevent you from having to be admitted and out on a vent. My parents who are both in their 60’s just got over it and both were pretty dang sick but managed to stay out of the hospital. My Dad has been a nurse for 30 years and my sister is a FNP. Both have said if people would get a monitor and keep a check on their oxygen sat. that it would keep a lot of people out of the hospital and off vents.
    Last edited by SCHUNTINFANATIC; 01-18-2021 at 08:28 AM.

I have seen pneumonia set in on alot of covid pts...for some reason it seems to be starting in right lung first..I am no doctor but would recommend staying as active as possible. of course alone..

For those that have been exposed to a positive covid case follow below.
    The CDC recommends the following alternative options to a 14-day quarantine:
    1. Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing and if no symptoms were reported during daily symptom monitoring.
    2. Quarantine can end after Day 7 if a viral test is negative AND if no symptoms were reported during daily symptom monitoring.
    a. The viral test must be collected no sooner than Day 5 to be used to shorten quarantine, but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than completion of Day 7.
    b. Viral tests include those collected by a swab of the nose or throat (PCR or antigen tests). Blood tests for antibodies may not be used to shorten quarantine.

For those who live in the same house as someone getting better after COVID-19 infection, the quarantine period begins when they are able to separate from the sick household member or when the sick person is told they are no longer able to spread the virus to others (generally when they complete their 10-day isolation period, during which they should avoid all contact with others).
    • For household members who can separate from the household member with COVID-19, they should quarantine for 14 days from their last contact with that individual or apply the 7-day or 10-day criteria to shorten the quarantine based on their date of last contact.
    • For household members who are not able to separate from the household member with COVID-19 because they are caring for them or do not have a separate room they can use, they should quarantine for 14 days after that person is no longer in isolation or apply the 7-day or 10-day criteria to shorten the quarantine period based on the day when the COVID-19 case is no longer in isolation.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 01-18-2021 at 08:42 AM.

I tested positive on Monday. I have asthma so it’s kinda tough on my breathing. I just found a doctor in New Jersey that prescribed me Ivomec (from the pharmacy), hydrocloroquine (didn’t spell it right), z pack and prednisone. And of course told me to load up on vitamins and zinc. Doctors in my area have been useless. Won’t even talk with me. The front office lady just keeps telling me to wait it out or go to the ER. That how I found this doctor in New Jersey to do a tele-visit with. She has been wonderful. I’ll report back once I start those meds tonight. https://www.heartland.org/about-us/w...-alieta-eck-md This is a link to read about her if anyone is interested or if it can help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksmoker View Post
    I tested positive on Monday. I have asthma so it’s kinda tough on my breathing. I just found a doctor in New Jersey that prescribed me Ivomec (from the pharmacy), hydrocloroquine (didn’t spell it right), z pack and prednisone. And of course told me to load up on vitamins and zinc. Doctors in my area have been useless. Won’t even talk with me. The front office lady just keeps telling me to wait it out or go to the ER. That how I found this doctor in New Jersey to do a tele-visit with. She has been wonderful. I’ll report back once I start those meds tonight. https://www.heartland.org/about-us/w...-alieta-eck-md This is a link to read about her if anyone is interested or if it can help anyone.
    They are a client of mine, glad to see they could help out!

Quote Originally Posted by ducksmoker View Post
    If breathing gets bad, you may want to look into nebulizing glutathione. My mom came to visit for 2 weeks and gave us all the covid. The second night after symptoms started when i started seeing stars from coughing so hard, i called doc who recommended this treatment. Its typically used for COPD. After one treatment, i never coughed again except when i was doing treatments for the next day or two.

**All content found in this post is for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Prisma does $20 tele-health visits as well. Wife did one the other day for her 2 or 3 times a year sinus infection. Called her in an antibiotic and wasn't even worth the time to file a claim to health insurance.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    I don’t know about protocol but, if you do not have one, go to a Pharmacy and get a pulse ox monitor. Keep a close check on your oxygen saturation. Do it several times a day and if it gets below 94%, go to the ER. If one of y’all end up getting pneumonia this will help you catch it early on and possibly prevent you from having to be admitted and out on a vent. My parents who are both in their 60’s just got over it and both were pretty dang sick but managed to stay out of the hospital. My Dad has been a nurse for 30 years and my sister is a FNP. Both have said if people would get a monitor and keep a check on their oxygen sat. that it would keep a lot of people out of the hospital and off vents.
    Great suggestion, not because I am medically trained, but helped my wife nurse her parents through their elder years when each fought COPD and/or pneumonia on numerous occasions.

I would pass on, however, that if you or your wife begin to feel breathing problems, or your O2 drops below 94%, etc, DO NOT go to AnMed in Anderson if you think you might end up on a ventilator. The last I heard two weeks ago from a colleague who's wife got seriously ill (with Covid and pneumonia) was that AnMed was batting 0% on patients once they went on ventilators. I have no idea why or what the issue is over there, but that batting average is enough to make the drive to Greenville or St. Francis.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'