Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Lauren wants you to know...

Default Ralph Lauren wants you to know...

Justin Thomas dumped by sponsors Ralph Lauren after homophobic slur

"In reflecting on the responsibility we have to all of our stakeholders, we have decided to discontinue our sponsorship of Mr Thomas at this time." Justin Thomas' use of a homophobic slur has cost him his sponsorship deal with Ralph Lauren.

By Keith Jackson

Despite Thomas apologising for the offensive language, which occurred early in his third round of the Sentry Tournament of Champions, the fashion company declared his actions as "entirely inconsistent with our values".

The Ralph Lauren Corporation did, however, leave the door open to renewing their partnership with the world No 3 providing he "does the hard and necessary work" to promote inclusion.

A hard-hitting statement read: "At the Ralph Lauren Corporation, we believe in the dignity of all people, regardless of age, race, gender identity, ethnicity, political affiliation or sexual orientation.

"This is part of our longstanding commitment to foster cultures of belonging - in the workplace and in communities around the world.

"We are disheartened by Mr Thomas' recent language, which is entirely inconsistent with our values. While we acknowledge that he has apologised and recognises the severity of his words, he is a paid ambassador of our brand and his actions conflict with the inclusive culture that we strive to uphold.

"In reflecting on the responsibility we have to all of our stakeholders, we have decided to discontinue our sponsorship of Mr Thomas at this time.

"As we make this decision, our hope is that Mr. Thomas does the hard and necessary work in order to partner with us again - truly examining this incident, learning, growing and ultimately using his platform to promote inclusion."

Thomas' slur was picked up by a greenside microphone as he berated himself for missing a short putt on the fourth green, and he admitted afterwards: "There's just no excuse. There's absolutely no reason for me to say anything like that. It's terrible. It's not the kind of person that I am.

"I need to do better. I deeply apologise to anyone and everybody who I offended and I'll be better because of it."

The uproar generated by his offensive slur was clearly on his mind throughout the final round at Kapalua, although he did manage to fire a closing 66 and finish just one shot out of a playoff, in which Harris English beat Joaquin Niemann with a birdie at the first extra hole.

"I clearly screwed up. I made a terrible, terrible judgment call," Thomas said after his final round. "But I thought a lot last night that, we grow a lot as people over time. I wish that I could learn to grow a different way than the way that I chose to do it, but unfortunately it's in the past and there's nothing I can do about it now.

"Now I just get to take time going forward and try to become better because of it."

Thomas returns to action on the European Tour next week and is one of the headline acts at the star-studded Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship.

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/...omophobic-slur

thats gay
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Until carhartt and wrangler start making political statements my wardrobe has nothing to fear
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

They do all the time, just not so obvious.
    Low country redneck who moved north

"What did he say at the Sentry Tournament?

On 9 January, after missing a 5-foot par putt during a tournament at the championships, Thomas uttered: “fa***t”, a highly offensive term used to describe gay men.

The homophobic comment was heard via television microphones which Thomas was unaware of."

The wussification (can I say that?) of America continues. It was a good run while it lasted but we're history folks.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 01-17-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Buncha faggots
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I hope they never mic up work, cause I call the guys way worse than that at times.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

You can’t say faggot on tv when your sponsor is a faggot, everyone knows that.

I hate cancel culture, but if you’re in the spotlight, you are held to a higher standard. If you know there are mics everywhere, you should probably try to change your language, or risk losing sponsors. Just the name of the game.

The only thing I need to know about ralph lauren is: faggots. The whole lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    The only thing I need to know about ralph lauren is: faggots. The whole lot of them.
    Hence why they are offended by the word.

I was watching it, barely picked it up. Justin has been with them since like say 1.. I mean they dressed his ass in a tie for The Open once. When I saw that they were dropping him for the moment I thought it was a chicken shit move. Yeah he used it, but his apology was quick and good. I'll utter a lot of shit, but they're not paying me. I don't see them holding off on him long, I'll just be watching if he goes back with them. I've heard talk on recent outlets about him standing up for more rights and being in the progressive for front, fuck that. I'm still wearing Ralph Lauren and rlx, I'm not throwing away a couple few grand of clothes yet, f that. I can't help it fits me and it's not tacky. But I'll look around when that shit gets old.

And once again, I give zero buttfucks of what any of you think about that.

Unfortunately, If you are looking to only buy stuff from companies not owned by leftist or made in China, The list is probably 0.

Thats gay as hell
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

CPG is funny as shit. Been watching him for a while now.
    Go Tigers!!!

He puts a tremendous amount of time and thought into every aspect of his videos and persona
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

From now on everyone I see wearing Ralph Lauren I can assume is "the gay"?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Damn Ralph, tell us how you really feel
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.