Thread: .410 turkey gun

Default .410 turkey gun

Just picked up a stevens and put a FF3 on it for the boy. I know several of y’all are running these. What is my best option for TSS without loading my own. I will trade out or buy if anyone wants to load some for me.
    74013683-6BE6-4832-875B-FFCDD338C8D6.jpg
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Apex 9.5's if you can find any. Federal patterns have stunk from what I've seen. If you don't find any before the season, holler and I'll try to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Apex 9.5's if you can find any. Federal patterns have stunk from what I've seen. If you don't find any before the season, holler and I'll try to help you out.
    Thank you!!!!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

If you cant get any apex for your boy by turkey season, let me know. I've got plenty. It throws a phenomenal pattern.
    Last edited by buckpro; 01-15-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Just ordered apex ninja 3” 7/8 oz 9.5’s

$7 a shell... ouch

Appreciate the offer buckpro.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    Just ordered apex ninja 3” 7/8 oz 9.5’s

$7 a shell... ouch

Appreciate the offer buckpro.
    You'll like that little gun and that shell for sure. Hope to see pics of your boy with one this Spring!

Y’all running the choke it comes with?

Y’all running the choke it comes with?
    That choke actually patterns really well. I don't think it's necessarily worth the money for an Indian Creek or CompnChoke just based on what I saw with that gun and the pattern from the factory choke.

The 1 I bought off here last year shoots a very killable pattern with the factory choke and the federals. Hoping to put my little girl behind the trigger this spring.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Factory choke with federal #9 TSS loads will kill a bird at 50 yards. Jebs makes a badass choke for them also if you want to spend that kinda money.
    If You Bait them They Will Come!

I just got the same gun. Going to try the Ninjas and Federals. My understanding is that it was "designed" for the Federals, but the reviews with that load don't sound promising. Please post of your results, including whether you try an after-market choke.
    Carolina Counsel

Around 38 steps. Didn’t feel like moving the truck for a couple more yards. Plenty good enough for me with the factory choke.

FEAE1DBF-9300-420E-B3FF-EC688A13C91F.jpg

513AF0DF-3AAF-4D06-8068-C9B0255A6C53.jpg
    Last edited by joshua2; 01-28-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I loaded my own but never could get the roll crimp to my liking so I punted and just bought some factory loads.

man- now I want one of these!

Foxtrot 383 Strokers. Factory choke is pretty good but there's a few aftermarket that are a little better. Just depends what you like. I like the tightest possible personally so I went with the compNchoke. It shot the tightest for me with handloaded #10s.
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

CCI has some pretty good rat shot loads just in case you wanted to get any smaller

Buy some 9s, throw them at some cardboard, don't get too scientific with it, good luck to your boy
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 01-28-2021 at 05:21 PM.

It is a neat little gun. Let the kids shoot it the other day. I got bored and rattle canned all the black on it.

It is a neat little gun. Let the kids shoot it the other day. I got bored and rattle canned all the black on it.
    Nice. Got any pics of the rattle can job? Thinking about rattle canning my little turkey gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.