Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meopta Meostar 3-12 X 56 or Leupold VX-5HD 3-15 X 56

The turret is 3D printed and actually just slides over the existing one and held in place by set screws. I have the prototype right now and waiting on the final finished product. It will work great for what I'm using it for. I like the ability to dial on all my scopes if I choose to. Yes I love strelok and its spot on. It's on a 300 WM and I have used the reticle on small steel out to 400 and dialed out to 800. Illumination is very bright and at 2.5X with it cranked up I would be comfortable making a quick shot with both eyes open. I got an identical extra scope that I sent to MK for the project. When he's all done with it I'll sell the spare with a turret and sun shade. Likely in a few months.

I'm sure they do a great job, I love the look of their lens caps. Have you looked at Kenton Industries for a Custom Turret. They have made them for some of Meopta's scope in the past. $125 I believe. They make the Custom Turret to your exact shooting data.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas

They didn't have one for the 2.5-15X so I reached out to tyler at MK. Heard really good things though.

That is good to know, I look forward to hearing how everything comes out and seeing pics as well. I have done some work with Meopta and they make top tier glass, in fact so good that you would be amazed at who else uses Meopta made lenses.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    That is good to know, I look forward to hearing how everything comes out and seeing pics as well. I have done some work with Meopta and they make top tier glass, in fact so good that you would be amazed at who else uses Meopta made lenses.
    Thought meopta and several others are getting their glass from Zeiss?

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Thought meopta and several others are getting their glass from Zeiss?
    You got it backwards.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    I have used Custon Turrets and found their accuracy to be impressive, especially when you enter solid ballistic data, but for hunting, I'll take a BDC optic anyday. I have 4-5 scopes that are dialed in with a companies or Kenton turret, work great. I just think I can get on a target quicker and more accurately using Bullet Drop Compensating reticle. Thoughts?
    Just be careful with the BDC reticles. If they are FFP you're fine, if SFP the yardage hold points will change when the magnification is changed.

Tha, Exactly, I like that for hunting so that I can put the magnification setting on whichever power gets me closer to whole half numbers, ie, 350,400,450... FFP scopes the distances do not change with magnification setting, which again has it's benefits. Meopta's scopes can all be dialed in using the Strelok Pro ballistic's app. Very easy to use and all of Meopta's scopes are in their database. Any troubles with the app, drop me a note.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"

At the end of the day the OP is looking for a scope for SC hunting, flip a quarter and buy one, zero the rifle at 200yds and you'll be good to go out of any tree stand in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    At the end of the day the OP is looking for a scope for SC hunting, flip a quarter and buy one, zero the rifle at 200yds and you'll be good to go out of any tree stand in the state.
    Thanks! I do t need anything but good glass and light gathering, zero at 200yds and shoot

That's all that most of us need. Meopta is synonymous with light gathering and quality. I can't say enough great things about my Optika5/6 and MeoStar scopes. Depending on where I hunt affects what my zero ends up being. Sometimes I zero for a 4-5-6 inch vital zone. That will put my bullet into a kill zone at whatever number that comes out to be for the cal. I am using. Very easy and limits thinking which I like!
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"