Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of reflex site are you using on your turkey gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Hard to kill 'em at 75 yards with TSS with just a bead.
    80 with Longbeard xrs, but you are correct...and I won't appologize for shooting a bird past 40 to anyone who isn't holding out for 30 yard and in shots out here in wide-ass-open Wyoming! Main reason I want to try the reflex is for those twisty, torqy, even off handed shots that we are all faced with when the bird doesnt do what we want where we want.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Thanks for all the input. I actually bought a weaver rail that I can see normal sight picture thru. I just want a quality, low profile red dot for the reasons I stated above...and because my eyes suck...even with contacts. Trying to see the show while making sure my beads are lined up and are on where I want to hit...it results in me subconsciouly shooting at them like I'm wingshooting...which aint good very often. I think I'm going to go with a FF3 or Vortex on one of the ADM quick detach mounts that wskinner referred to. I don't want to be able to use beads and RD at the same time...I just want to be able to get that red dot out of my way in case I kill it on the way in or it dies on me during the hunt. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 01-16-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Sounds like everyone is over complicating things. Whatever happened to shooting standard shotgun bead!?
    If you'll edit this post and add 28 gauge in it somewhere and something about a trumpet being used in some way you will be in the tfc before morning
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I tried a red dot scope for a few years and found it to be much more trouble than it was worth. I went back to a normal camouflage 3” benelli semi automatic and couldn’t be more happy. Sometimes they just come up to quickly to try to find them in a scope. I’m not going back. I did kill a sapling last year that I didn’t see between me and stud but other than that I haven’t missed since going back to no scope.

Quote Originally Posted by SCBUCKSLAYER View Post
    I tried a red dot scope for a few years and found it to be much more trouble than it was worth. I went back to a normal camouflage 3” benelli semi automatic and couldn’t be more happy. Sometimes they just come up to quickly to try to find them in a scope. I’m not going back. I did kill a sapling last year that I didn’t see between me and stud but other than that I haven’t missed since going back to no scope.
    Your not supposed to type that last sentence.
    Windows Down!

I thought it was against the law to hunt with rifles.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I shoot Burris FF3’s and really like them. I used to miss a lot of turkeys, and now I don’t miss many turkeys.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

This is a great warm up of what is to come in the turkey forum soon. Carry on men!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    No reason to shoot them at 75 yards if you know what your doing... plus not much fun in that anyway. When they are close gobbling and strutting is what it is all about
    Sorry-couldn’t find the sarcasm font. If I had added “bo” at the end, would you have gotten it?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Sorry-couldn’t find the sarcasm font. If I had added “bo” at the end, would you have gotten it?
    Ha probably not as I reside in Florida
    We can shoot them with rifles here as well
    Last edited by hunterjw; 01-17-2021 at 10:59 AM.