Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of reflex site are you using on your turkey gun?

Default What type of reflex site are you using on your turkey gun?

I just ordered a picatany rail for my SBE2. I'm looking at different red dot reflex sights for this upcoming turkey season. I ordered a rail that is grooved down the center so that I can use the standard bead sighting if something goes wrong with the red-dot while in the field. I'm trying to figure out a sight and mounting system that will allow me to either sight down the barrel between the rail and the sight mount, or would allow me to quickly remove the sight and mount without the use of tools. Can anyone offer suggestions for anything out there that would work in that manner? Is there a sight/mounting system that attaches to a P rail in a tool-less manner, or would I just have to replace the mounting bolts with bolts that can be turned by hand? Any suggestions on how to achieve this are much appreciated.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

ADM makes a QD mount for MRD sights like the Vortex venom and Burris FF3
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-15-2021 at 02:50 PM.

No offense but sounds like you are over complicating it.

A Burris Fastfire 3 can be mounted low enough to co-witness with your sights or with a weaver rail whereby the optic can be removed to use sights.

trijicon/scalarworks

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    No offense but sounds like you are over complicating it.

A Burris Fastfire 3 can be mounted low enough to co-witness with your sights or with a weaver rail whereby the optic can be removed to use sights.
    Sounds like everyone is over complicating things. Whatever happened to shooting standard shotgun bead!?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Sounds like everyone is over complicating things. Whatever happened to shooting standard shotgun bead!?
    Hard to kill 'em at 75 yards with TSS with just a bead.
    Carolina Counsel

Meadow Creek Mounts makes a rib mount. I use bead or rifle sights so I have no experience but I know a few people that love them.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Hard to kill 'em at 75 yards with TSS with just a bead.
    No reason to shoot them at 75 yards if you know what your doing... plus not much fun in that anyway. When they are close gobbling and strutting is what it is all about

No reason to shoot them at 75 yards if you know what your doing... plus not much fun in that anyway. When they are close gobbling and strutting is what it is all about
    If I could confidently shoot those fuckers at 200yds with a shotgun, I'd do it.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I use a FF3 and really like it. I am sure all the other ones are just as good. I don't use them because they are more accurate or using the shotgun bead was not working before... I use them to see the whole show without having to bear down on a little bead. Plus you can shoot them gangster style if you want to.

And when things get slow I practice aiming without the optic in case it ever breaks during a hunt. My FF3 covers up my bead so I can't cowitness. I know at some point I will crush it while hunting and have to shoot without the little red dot working.

FF3 or Vortex Venom is what you want. Forget the mess you're trying to do with some weird mount.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    trijicon/scalarworks
    This.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I’ve killed several dots mounting them to pistol slides. The only three that haven’t gone tits up, are the Leupold
    Delta Point Pro and Trijicon RMR and SRO. I’d pay a little more and get one I could rely on when I needed it. The Venom is the best of the inexpensive dots IMO.
    Last edited by FLS; 01-16-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I’ve killed several dots mounting them to pistol slides. The only three that haven’t gone tits up, are the Leupold
    Delta Point Pro and Trijicon RMR and SRO. I’d pay a little more and get one I could rely on when I needed it. The Venom is the best of the inexpensive dots IMO.
    What ones took a dump

Ah, the young man's response. Just wait till you get some years on you and can't see that bead any longer.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Ah, the young man's response. Just wait till you get some years on you and can't see that bead any longer.
    Ha! Valid point!

I've got a Holosun on my Benelli M4, I like the quick acquisition of the circle-dot. Slightly different purpose but it's held up to several hundred rounds.

20210113_151325.jpg

Vortex and Burris. Venom wouldn’t hold zero. Burris just went tits up completely.

Don’t let your kid come in there and see you pointing a gun at Bubbles. Immediate PTSD.