Thread: Law understanding type folks...

Default Law understanding type folks...

Is there any way for states like Texas and Florida to make folks who live there “non-residents” for a certain period of time? When I moved to Wyoming, I was not considered a legal resident of the state by the game and fish Dept until I had resided here for one year. If the legislature can do that regarding hunt/fish status, can state legislatures do that with voting etc., say make it two years before allowed to vote in the state as a state resident?
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Why shouldn’t they have a right to vote? If that’s the legal state they live in then they should be able to vote. Be it repubs, demos everyone should have the right to vote via if they qualify to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Default Law understanding type folks...

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Why shouldn’t they have a right to vote? If that’s the legal state they live in then they should be able to vote. Be it repubs, demos everyone should have the right to vote via if they qualify to vote.
    I guess most everyone should have a right to vote (dont want to open that can of worms) but in this day and age don’t put it past anyone to move or be incentivized to move to influence a vote if its as simple as hey I lived here for a day.
    If it as easy as that to make a vote then you should damn sure be able to claim residency for hunting purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 01-14-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I guess most everyone should have a right to vote (dont want to open that can of worms) but in this day and age don’t put it past anyone to move or be incentivized to move to influence a vote if its as simple as hey I lived here for a day.
    If it as easy as that to make a vote then you should damn sure be able to claim residency for hunting purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s why specified if they’re legal to vote. I agree on the fan of worms. I also agree if you own land in a state then you should be considered a resident for hunting/fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I think there should be voting requirements. When the founders set up our governing system, they did so knowing that there were requirements for voting in place. Removing those, and giving every citizen over 18 the right to vote, introduced a fatal flaw that has set our country on the path of ruin. Obviously, some of them needed to be removed, like race, and maybe some others. Maybe they needed to be modified so that the requirements were different from the original ones, but still had the same purpose. Doesn’t really matter though, the powers at be would never consider enacting anything of the sort. They don’t even want you to be a citizen to vote anymore, or be able to prove you are who you claim to be.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-15-2021 at 07:06 AM.

How could you be a resident in two States? Hunting/ fishing or voting

One legal vote per living , breathing human please.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

When I was moved here, I wasn't considered a resident of Wyoming for huniting or fishing purposes until I had lived here/this was my primary residence for 365 consecutive days. Also, if I obtained a resident hunting license in any other state during that time, my 365 days would reset when that licence expired. Since I owned a house in Indiana and was traveling there once every 6 weeks or so, I thought this law to be absolute BS. How could I not be considered a resident SOMEWHERE for hunting and fishing purposes? I had already purchased my spring turkey license in Indiana, so technically/legally, I would not be able to purchase a resident Wyoming license or apply for limited quota licenses here as a resident before the application deadline the following year despite the fact that I would have been living here for over a year at that time. I didn't like it, but that was the law of the land. So...

I'm not suggesting that someone not be able to vote, I'm just suggesting that maybe they put a similar system in place to keep folks from being able to "move" to a state just prior to an election and vote there. There are a pile of people out there, mostly young, that would gladly take a payment from a group run by someone like Soros to pick up and "move" to a swing state at the drop of a hat. Considering the fact that establishing residency for the purpose of voting in those states would require little more than a PO box, it would be a great way for a young and carefree person that doesn't have a career to make more money in a month than they normally make in a year....and they get to travel and be a part of "changing the world" to boot. The homeless hoards in San Fran, Denver, Seattle, etc would be perfect candidates also. Travel paid for and 10K for your efforts to go be homeless in Atlanta or Pittsburg or Miluakee or Asheville or Chappel Hill...all you got to do is "move" there, get a PO Box, and vote. After that, head back to San Fran via Greyhound...here's the ticket.

Thats the obvious issue that is likely already happening...if it wasn't in play this election, you can damn sure bet it will be in two years now that the left successfully used Covid to erode the integrity of the system in so many swing states and got away with it scott free.

The more difficult issue is dealing with the mass exodus of big, left leaning companies from places states like CA, WA, and NY to SC, FL, TX. They are going to bring their values and minion employees with them. Those employees will vote just as they did in the states that their employers are fleeing.

Then there are the individuals and families that are fleeing those states. I'd like to think that individuals and families that are fleeing due to the untenable degredation of their neighborhoods and the opressive taxes and regulations that they created by voting lefty over the years...I'd like to think that they might change the way they vote, knowing that the politicians they put in office in their former locations were the reason they had to flee to places that are run by conservatives. That would only make sense, but I've come to realize that people are just plain stupid and more often than not do exactly the opposite of what makes sense.

The point here is that there are states that, through their governance, make moving and living there appealing. Could the legislatures in those states do anything to prevent incoming residents that are moving there because of the obvious benefits that come with the move from destroying the quality of life they are chasing?

I'm not saying they should not be allowed to vote. I am saying that they should not be allowed to vote in that state until they are legally considered a resident of that state...which could mean, according to what I have personally experienced here in Wyoming, an arbitrary period of time set by the state legislators.

I just see what's coming, and I'm trying to find some hope that something can be done to stop the insanity. Liberal minded people will live happily and vote with their hearts and not their head until the folks that they put in office ruin their quality of life...then instead of sticking with it and voting those folks out, they will do the easy thing and move to somewhere that will afford them a higher quality of life. Once there, they will live happily and vote with thier hearts instead of their heads...only to have to flee from the mess they created to a place that offers them a higher quality of life. Rinse and repeat until there is no where else to flee. Arrrgh!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Don't vote or vote all you want. It's all predetermined now.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I think there should be voting requirements. When the founders set up our governing system, they did so knowing that there were requirements for voting in place. Removing those, and giving every citizen over 18 the right to vote, introduced a fatal flaw that has set our country on the path of ruin. Obviously, some of them needed to be removed, like race, and maybe some others. Maybe they needed to be modified so that the requirements were different from the original ones, but still had the same purpose. Doesn’t really matter though, the powers at be would never consider enacting anything of the sort. They don’t even want you to be a citizen to vote anymore, or be able to prove you are who you claim to be.
    all went downhill once women got the vote...
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I just needed it. Thanks a lot for sharing.