Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 1st Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post

This thread made me give my first vehicle some love, it hasn’t been driven much in several years. Added new lights all the way around, 15x8 rally wheels, newer style black mirrors, tint and ditched the toolbox and added bed rail caps. Been a fun little project this week.
    Nice truck.

I think you need a few more worms.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    What year?? That looks exactly like the truck I had when I went in the Marines. Of course, I sold it when I left, but I loved that truck. Mine was a 1990 that I ordered with a 5-speed transmission. Same wheels, same(I think) drop shackles, and same color. That picture was like a flash-back.
    1990 with 113k original miles, my grandfather bought it new and I inherited it when he passed away in 2004. In 2006 my dad had it repainted and we replaced the grill with a 95-98 model and replaced the carpet and headliner. My grandfather had the overload spring taken out the rear end before it left the dealer so it would sit level. If I remember correctly it had 85k miles on it when I got my drivers license in 2010 and I drove it for 3 years before I got a different truck.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 01-30-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Red 1980 Ford Fiesta shared with my sister. Took it hunting everywhere in Baron DeKalb/97 area. Got it bottomed out on Game Management across from Neil's Corner Mart. Found me a small log and just pried it up out the rut. If the back seat could tell stories, the had to be about my sister because I sure never contributed.

1990 Ford Mustang 5.0 convertible
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

1967 Mercury M100 pick-up back in '74. 240CI 3 on the tree.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

My Dad's boss (RIP) at the time, gave me a 1985 GMC 1500 4x4 step side diesel for my first truck. This thing was ugly, wore out, needing some body work and missing the grill, but it was cool. had a big warn winch front bumper sitting on wore out 33s. But it was a 4X4, a diesel, and a 5 speed. Would out pull anybody in the school parking lot. I sunk that truck so many times it wasn't funny. This was before I realized that a diesel with that big winch bumper couldn't go the same places my buddies yotas and nissans could go. I ended up sinking it for the last time in a skitter rut on a dare that caused me to end up burning up the clutch, blowing a head gasket, and warped a head. My dad ended up selling that truck and I wish I still had it.

My first car was a 1976 steel bumper Camaro that me and my dad ended up turning into a street / strip car. I sold it not long after getting stopped doing 99 in 55 (going around a curve, almost went to jail, 6pts and $350 in fines which were dropped to 4pts and $650 or something like that) and clocked at 144 in a 55. (Got lucky, real lucky)

After my dad sold my truck from basically blowing it up. and almost going to jail in the camaro. I was working for my Dad's Bosses wife (The bossman died a couple years earlier, wife took over business) and needed a way to work after school and on weekends. She let me use/borrow/drive like a 1982 Ford F250 4x4 long bed single cab gas farm truck. This truck was wore out, with no brakes (only the front drivers side caliber worked to stop ya) and wore out street tires on it. If you got on the gas pretty good the gas hand moved faster than the speedometer, 45mph was top speed. I actually took my now wife on our first date in this truck. Let me explain this truck in more detail, this is how wore out this truck was.
    It didn't have a key, took a screw driver to crank it. Duck tape held the steering column up for the most part. We used a fork to turn the windshield wipers on and a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the head lights switch on. Radio didn't work and we had a boombox in the middle of the seat for music. No A/C, but heat worked great. Dash cracked to hell and back, but you couldn't see it anyway from all the packs of cigarettes and lighters that was on it. Had a old stale musky smell to it (that most farm trucks have in them), that I never got rid of. think the smell was worn into these wore out seats. But I didn't care, I was moving. I got some questionable looks when I went and picked up my Friday or Saturday night dates. but once I sold them on that spacious interior with that confrontable bench seat along with all the room you have in that back bed. I actually rode around with a twin mattress in the back for a couple weeks during one summer. Looking back, no damn wonder a lot of my Friday and Saturday night dates never went out with me more than once, but man if I didn't have a helluva time in that truck. I actually had a love hate relationship with that truck. A lot of good memories in that truck that I'll never forget.

1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe. 3 and a granny gear in the floor. My dad ordered it new with rubber floor mats and radio delete. Bare bones. New with a straight 6 and we later put a little 305 in it.

Black exterior/Gold interior - to match his first new car which was a '65 GTO - and that was to match the Fireball Roberts color scheme.

141379400_10218612179643836_6031019265740747584_n.jpg
    Last edited by Simple Man; 02-02-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

^^ that makes want to redo my 82 K10
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.