Thread: Volkswagen tdi issues?

Default Volkswagen tdi issues?

2013 Jetta tdi, 82k miles.

Anyone own one? Reliability issues?

I see some mention of these using the cp4 pump and some minor grumbling about DPFs. Truth to this?

Possibly looking at one for a commuter car 90 miles a day 6-7 days a week. Don’t mind fluid changes, but big common repairs might steer me away.

Thanks!

Don't know about newer model but I have a 2004 Jetta tdi with 265k miles and have not had a single engine issue. Transmission replaced at 220k, expensive and was hard to find one (had to import from Canada as only one could find in North America). Best diesel I've owned and still get 45 mpg. By far has been most reliable vehicle I've owned, no complaints about dependability.

Bought a new 2011 6speed and put 120k miles on in 3 years. Fun commuting car at ~46mpg. Mine was 100% reliable in that time, but there were alot of grenading fuel pumps taking out the whole fuel system, and a high failure rate of the DSG transmissions.

There were also issues with ice built up in the intercooler but probably not so much of a concern down here...

Lots of options available mitigate potential issues.

Read away. https://www.tdiclub.com/

The VW Jetta is the number choice of car by the Homosexual Male. Just FYI

I thought all the 2013 models were bought back by dealer. Emissions compliance...

Coworker had one close to that year and had no issues with it but VW bought it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2labs View Post
    The VW Jetta is the number choice of car by the Homosexual Male. Just FYI
    If gas hit's $8 a gallon I believe I'd drive one around with those eye lashes over the head lights.