Thread: They in Texas

Default They in Texas

Guided hunts. 2 days limited, shovelers, teal, gadwall. Friend sent photo evidence so it's credible.
    Low country redneck who moved north

My brother in law has been smacking them in TX since thanksgiving.

They always are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They pummel the redheads down in Corpus. I know a couple harbor pilots there & Matagorda & they get tired of shooting them.

Default They in Texas

I pretty much grew up between a bay boat and an air boat in matagorda east bay wading for redfish and shooting redheads, bluebills, pintails and teal. I’m glad it’s still going down that way. Definitely miss that place. Haven’t been down there specifically in almost 20 years.

Last edited by TXFowler; 01-18-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    They pummel the redheads down in Corpus. I know a couple harbor pilots there & Matagorda & they get tired of shooting them.
    The harbor pilot we hunt with skipped out on this season entirely, due to lack of birds. Worse season in 15+ years. I personally have been going there for 7 years and this will be my last. Its gotten worse every year.

Field report from the Winnsboro, TX area - Saturday 6 man limit of Greenheads. Sunday - 8 hunters shooting the same pond killed 39 ducks a mix of Gadwall, GW Teal and Wigeons.

One of my friends who guides in the Haskell County area has been killing limits of ducks for nearly the entire season. They have had their best goose season ever. Specks are thick. Small Canadas too. When they target Cranes they are 100% on daily limits.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

They're further west also!
    wa3.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Great photo BP!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I went to Texas back in December for three days and came out on top of things. Also that picture is great ^

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Field report from the Winnsboro, TX area - Saturday 6 man limit of Greenheads. Sunday - 8 hunters shooting the same pond killed 39 ducks a mix of Gadwall, GW Teal and Wigeons.

One of my friends who guides in the Haskell County area has been killing limits of ducks for nearly the entire season. They have had their best goose season ever. Specks are thick. Small Canadas too. When they target Cranes they are 100% on daily limits.
    Yeah, seems as if the guys further north have had more birds. Mom and dad live on Galveston bay and typically have rafts of divers by the 1000s a few hundred yards off their pier and dad said they’ve only seen it a few times this year. Typically it’s everyday from December through February.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    They're further west also!
    wa3.JPG
    Great Pic!

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Yeah, seems as if the guys further north have had more birds. Mom and dad live on Galveston bay and typically have rafts of divers by the 1000s a few hundred yards off their pier and dad said they’ve only seen it a few times this year. Typically it’s everyday from December through February.

In addition to ducks, the rafts of coots were also missing. The bay we hunt was a ghost town. Decent amount of grass on the bottom too, so doesn't appear to be a food issue. Must be the lack of freezing water up north.

Love that pic