Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandatory kill switch use law passed

Half the people that got powerboats ain't got a clue what their doing anyway. Kill switch want help them
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

My pontoon won’t make plane.

Guess I’m exempt.

I wear it 100% of time in jonboat
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I stay on all my buddies about wearing theirs. If you don’t like the red slinky cord, get a piece of paracord, put it on the switch, carabiner on the far end, and clip it to your britches, waders, etc. too easy not to do, and could save yours and someone else’s life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I won't be surprised when they mandate seatbelts in the boat.

I’ll curious to see what other pearls come out of that monstrosity of a bill

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    I stay on all my buddies about wearing theirs. If you don’t like the red slinky cord, get a piece of paracord, put it on the switch, carabiner on the far end, and clip it to your britches, waders, etc. too easy not to do, and could save yours and someone else’s life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a Velcro “bracelet” from a ski rope tie on the Jonboat. Comfortable and secure
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I’ll curious to see what other pearls come out of that monstrosity of a bill
    far fewer pakistani people worrying about their gender
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Palmetto Duck recently posted a pearl of wisdom about kill switches in jonboats. Shorten the cord.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    2 posts above that one BadHabit said that in his post at the bottom.........
    Gotcha sorry missed that. That would be absurd if that became a requirement.

A kill switch, saved me when I got tossed out of a boat once. Lifejacket and kill switch are mandatory in La for 16' tiller controlled boats. Not a bad idea.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I am not the CG but a 115 lb thrust trolling motor meets the guidelines- but I don't think you will be "on plane"-
    I'm not putting one on my trolling motor.

I also think engine refers to gas or Diesel.

Motor as in trolling motor refers to electric, IMHO.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-13-2021 at 09:34 PM.

I see the commercial fishing dudes don’t have to worry about it
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I don't like to talk about the government on here.. but this ranks up there with the seat belt law and the entire premise of the cwp.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    Palmetto Duck recently posted a pearl of wisdom about kill switches in jonboats. Shorten the cord.
    Fact. Already done on my j boat after that incident. Hey Bill.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.