Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, had Trump not shit the bed in the last couple of weeks you think Twitter/Google/Facepage would've acted the same way? no, they censored him bc of the current political climate and it was HIS doing.
    I didn't think anyone had any doubt when he was out of office he would be ban. He would continued to talk about section 230. They cannot have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    What the rioters did in Kennesaw, Seattle, etc. was disgusting. It was wrong. And it was wrong for politicians to support and encourage it. However, rioting in the streets is NOT the same as storming the CAPITOL. The capitol. Bastion of our Constitution, the rule of law, and our American values.
    I respect your view of the buildings of government as semi-sacred because you obviously are not a member of the left, a groups who has denigrated and called America into question for political points with radicals over the past however many years.

But Raybird's point stands: the left tacitly condones violence upon Average Citizens' neighborhoods but wishes to crucify violent reactionaries who brought the similar anarchy to theirs.

To make a distinction simply because of location of the anarchy does not argue that all are equal under the constitution.

Stacey Abrams sister makes decisions as a judge?
    For the record, this wasn't a coup attempt and alot is being made of "storming the capital". If you had 30 round mag dumps and folks coming behind with with pistols disposing of the cripples....that is a coup!
    What you saw was grab-astic white trash do stupid shit. Like letting Trump get elected in the first place, the swamp will not allow "a coup" to happen again. The very same people that walk on the Constitution are acting like they are going to do everything to save it.

I think Baggy nailed it with the biggest false flag in our history.
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 01-13-2021 at 09:48 AM.

When this is done there will be no doubt that Trump is unelectable and solidify Trump was a failed experiment by the Republican party.

Pence 2024???
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, had Trump not shit the bed in the last couple of weeks you think Twitter/Google/Facepage would've acted the same way? no, they censored him bc of the current political climate and it was HIS doing.
    You've changed the argument.

You were alleging that Trump was to blame for big tech trying to censor all conservative talk, including the innocent of wrongdoing, the current climate of fear for all conservatives of being censored.

Now, you're talking about big tech organizations going after Trump specifically for tweets or posts deemed offensive and most likely reported by other users.

Apples and pineapples, kind sir. And I stand by my reply to your first argument.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    When this is done there will be no doubt that Trump is unelectable and solidify Trump was a failed experiment by the Republican party.
    The Republican Party as it existed in 2014 did not want anything to do with Trump. He won the hearts of the neglected rural voters and took over the party.
    DILLIGAF

The first time they attempted to impeach him for...not a damn thing.

They spent 5 years spying on, investigating and harassing him for...not a damn thing.

They are once again attempting to impeach him for...not a damn thing.

I haven’t always approved of his manners. But I’m certain that he has always maintained better manners and morals than those that have so ardently opposed him. When someone tosses grenades at you it doesn’t do much good to throw flowers in return.

I’d also like to note that the incoming VP and her fellow leftists actively crowdsourced funds for months to post bail for violent rioters...oops...I mean “peaceful protestors”.

If anyone is ashamed and appalled by 1/6, they haven’t been paying much attention. It wouldn’t fill a hollow tooth compared to what’s been happening across this country over the last 4 years at the hands of leftists.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    The Republican Party did not select Trump.

Hoggin beat me to it.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-13-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Pence 2024???
    Never make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    Can a past President run for a senate seat? If so, Trump should run for a seat in Congress and drive these people nuts for years to come. His ego would be well served among the others and his mouth would never stop. I'm pretty sure we would see some of these folks heads explode.
    Yes, unless the Senate votes to prohibit him from running for any federal office after an impeachment conviction. My understanding is impeachment conviction requires at least 60 votes, prohibition on future election runs is simple majority. The Dems can also wait until they take over the Senate.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 01-13-2021 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Wrong quote

What the rioters did in Kennesaw, Seattle, etc. was disgusting. It was wrong. And it was wrong for politicians to support and encourage it. However, rioting in the streets is NOT the same as storming the CAPITOL. The capitol. Bastion of our Constitution, the rule of law, and our American values.
    If it was your business that you spent all your adult life building up, you might consider it sacred as well. Not to mention the people that were killed and beaten mercilessly during last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Never make it.
    Hahahahahaha!!! which is why I wrote it. Whoever the candidate is going to be, he best be a bad mofo.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

One that 75 % of Americans will vote for.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    If it was your business that you spent all your adult life building up, you might consider it sacred as well. Not to mention the people that were killed and beaten mercilessly during last summer.
    I am not saying that a private business is not "sacred" to the owner, but it is still not the same as the Capitol building. We can agree to disagree. I also agree with a point above that this was not an attempted coup. It is certainly being twisted by the media to an extent; however, it was a mistake that has only fueled the Left's fire and caused further harm to the conservative movement.
    Carolina Counsel

I am not saying that a private business is not "sacred" to the owner, but it is still not the same as the Capitol building. We can agree to disagree. I also agree with a point above that this was not an attempted coup. It is certainly being twisted by the media to an extent; however, it was a mistake that has only fueled the Left's fire and caused further harm to the conservative movement.
    Kind of like saying one sin is worse than the other when really it is still a sin... Just a thought haha
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

The Conservative movement allowed itself to be killed - by the spineless RINO bastards that have been on their knees protecting their jobs, not doing the work of the people who sent them to DC.

People better start voting out anyone with an ( I) by their name on the ballot starting in 2022.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Votes won’t matter in 2022 just as they didn’t in 2020.

The capitol is the people’s house. I don’t approve of vandalism or violence. But I’d rather folks occupy it than a local business, court house, or police station. And it wasn’t set on fire or destroyed like so many small businesses and public buildings in places like Minnesota and Washington.

Aside from the death of a policeman, which is very sad and unfortunate, the apparently unnecessary shooting death of an unarmed woman by a policeman, and broken windows, the capitol event wasn’t much. I watched it. I also watched livestreams of a lot of the nightly riots that occurred across the country over the last 9 months or so. Kenosha makes the capitol protest look like a picnic.

To be clear, I do not approve of any of the vandalism or violence, what there was of it, that occurred at the capitol. I’m just speaking in relative terms. I just think it’s odd that some people are more upset that citizens would vent their frustration at the steps of congress than when citizens take out their frustrations by oppressing their neighbors and their communities with violence, intimidation, and destruction, of which there has been plenty lately.

To your last point, the capitol is nothing but a bastion of greed and corruption constantly working to upend the Constitution. Where rule of law “applies to thee but not to me”. And the last place you’ll find American values of any significant quantity. If you haven’t figured that out by now you should remove your head from your ass.

that is frightening. TO ME. Your quote Dr.

You and I both have a professional license to lose- and that would end our careers. I can smell your fear through the internet. You choose to kneel- do not try to sway others to do the same.

I'll choose the Patriot/Pirate life if necessary- with 100% support of my wife- her family name is intertwined through our history books, in Ft Sumter- on statues, on the roster of the Mayflower- it's the right choice for us. We had this conversation last night, discussing what our founders risked and the price they paid to forge this nation- we should do no less to protect it.