Thread: MS Ducks Report?

Default MS Ducks Report?

Anyone hunt MS/ AR today? Curious if the weather up north pushed any new birds down. Headed that way Thursday and reports up to this point haven't been good.

We're headed to Guntersville in the morning, I know its a little piece off from MS/AR but the boys that went early to scout said they've seen a pretty good number
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

This article just bumped my optimism
    https://www.ducks.org/hunting/waterf...front?poe=home

I would think a bad day in MS beats what we have here in SC.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Not always!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Friend was there last week and not much, did kill a banded Gadwall from SC.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Just got back today and this year was better than last for us. Came home with possession limit each between 2 of us, 90% gadwall. All we heard from everyone was "worst year ever". We had thousands of woodies in the swamp part of our property, but we don't shoot them cause they draw in the mallards. Very few mallards showed up until yesterday, which we only managed 5, but should have had 10+. Got greedy on one group of 20 or so, when 3 hit the water and we waited hoping the rest were about to drop in the decoys also. That shit show resulted in zero. Highlight of the trip was listening to the first ever duck calling contest in MS my grandfather hosted in 1948. We knew he did it, but didn't have a copy until a local radio station was closing and found it on record and called my family to give us the copy. Also had my first experience shooting squirrels behind a mountain kerr. That was a damn good time and world class dog...literally.

Glad you did good Hickory.

Was there Sat thru yesterday, only killed woodies in timber. They would even look twice at anything in a field.
    Last edited by justpracticin; 01-19-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

[QUOTE=justpracticin;2836873]Glad you did good Hickory.

Was there Sat thru yesterday, only killed woodies in timber. They would even look twice at anything in a field.[/QUO

Man, that sucks. It seemed like there was a push day before yesterday, but not much. We drove around some fields neighboring our timber that normally hold thousands of mallards, pintails, gadwall, etc, and there were 0-100 birds in them. There was 1 field that had a few hundred Hollywoods, but nothing like normal. They'll probably pile in now that we're gone.