Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Property Gate Lock Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Im sorry but this is funny. Reminds me of the time we filled the locks with Super Glue on the High School Gates.
    He also welded the square tube where it slides in the round pipe, and the t-pin at the top opposite side. He could spent another 5 minutes and really f'ed us up, but it wasnt bad. I laughed cause I was staying all week but the guy that found it wasnt too amused, he was loaded up to spend Thanksgiving with his family..

20201125_114332.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Can you prosecute with a picture only? Got trespasser on camera, pretty sure I know where he lives. What would you do?
    Yes. I’ve done it twice. The real problem is that DNR, the sheriff’s office and the local magistrate really don’t care much. I think both got a $200 fine and we had to ride them to do anything. Land is in Property Watch and DNR still didn’t gaf.
    Carolina Counsel

Holy shit Curlee.. haha, he got all personal with it

Man did they drag a mig machine out there to weld you in? That 2 pieces of wire?

8BCD0C5A-33B8-45F3-948F-F5472CD5BB5D.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I had a guy like twenty years ago lay a f'n human turd on ours.. I thought that was pretty bad. I was right at the age where I should have known to act like a grown up.. I just didn't have the ability when I saw who I thought did it

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    This is what we did. They still got us though, someone came in at night while we were there for the week and welded the gate shut in four different places! Only way out of the property.

Couldn't help but laugh even after spending an hour wi th a cordless sawzall to get out....
    Damnit. Never seen that one. Have seen peoples solid steel gates cut with torches though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dad says “gates only keep out the honest people”. So much truth in that statement. If they want in, they are getting in. We just start using cables and at least they don’t try to steal those.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Can you prosecute with a picture only? Got trespasser on camera, pretty sure I know where he lives. What would you do?
    Did it last year.

MIG yes, gas and all. Could see tire tracks where he backed right up to the gate. Theres a creek that runs beside it we rolled a car sized boulder into a couple years ago with a track hoe, no way around that gate. Seven miles from the closest maintained road. I applaud the guy, really, except we've never done anything except block off access to our private land...

Anyone local to Dillon Co. has probably seen this gate if you're familiar with the Bingham light. I think the hunt club had problems for years before with people breaking in and even ramming the gate. To my knowledge it hasn't been broken into since it was put up.

IMG_2277.JPG

Copy of IMG_2270.JPG
    Last edited by ADP; 01-12-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    MIG yes, gas and all. Could see tire tracks where he backed right up to the gate. Theres a creek that runs beside it we rolled a car sized boulder into a couple years ago with a track hoe, no way around that gate. Seven miles from the closest maintained road. I applaud the guy, really, except we've never done anything except block off access to our private land...
    I’m starting to think one of the fellas in your club may have gotten to know his wife more than he should have.