Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta ends support animals on flights

Default Delta ends support animals on flights

Delta will no longer allow emotional support animals on flights
    KELLY YAMANOUCHI THE ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION

JANUARY 11, 2021 06:00 AM, UPDATED JANUARY 11, 2021 09:31 AM

With new federal rules in place, Delta Air Lines said it will no longer allow emotional support animals on its flights.

Airlines and passengers had raised concerns about safety and other issues as more and more travelers brought animals on board. By certifying their pets as emotional support animals, pet owners had been able to avoid paying extra fees when flying. Under the new U.S. Department of Transportation rules taking effect next week, airlines are no longer required to grant special access to emotional support animals.

Delta’s policy change means it will stop accepting new bookings for emotional support animals on Monday. Those who already have tickets confirmed with the animals can still fly as planned. American and Alaska Airlines recently have announced similar policies.

In compliance with federal rules, Atlanta-based Delta said it also will lift its ban on pit bulls as service animals. Service animals are different from emotional support animals in that they are trained to perform tasks to help their owners with their disability. Delta said it will also require documentation for trained service dogs.

However, the airline said it will continue to deny boarding to any trained service animal “that poses a threat or demonstrates aggressive or inappropriate behavior in a public setting.”

The DOT and Delta had been at odds on the pit bull ban, which Delta said was a response to safety concerns. The agency said bans of service animals solely based on breed are not allowed.

“The DOT’s final rule enables airlines to put the safety of all employees and customers first, while protecting the rights of customers who need to travel with trained service animals,” said Delta senior vice president of in-flight service Allison Ausband.

Delta said it has seen an 85% increase in animal incidents including urination, defecation and biting since 2016. The airline was sued in 2019 by a customer who was mauled by another passenger’s emotional support dog on a flight.

The airline said passengers can still travel with a pet in the cabin for $125 each way on domestic flights, if the pet meets requirements.

“We strongly believe this policy change will enhance the overall travel experience for everyone,” said Delta senior vice president of corporate safety and security David Garrison in a written statement.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/li...248416835.html

What's this guy gonna do now?

PRI_147047290.jpg

GOOD!

I don't ever fly, but I can stand behind that decision.

Delta said it has seen an 85% increase in animal incidents including urination, defecation and biting since 2016. The airline was sued in 2019 by a customer who was mauled by another passenger’s emotional support dog on a flight.
    Nuff said.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Bout time the stopped that BS!!

But my Pomeranian is my safe space. . .

some duck hunters are gonna be pissed
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

It was a good run while it lasted.

They got rid of Trump supporters before they got rid of support animals...bwhahahaha
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I can't believe I never got to try it with a retriever. Shite...

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post

PRI_147047290.jpg
    So many ways this photo could go. If a pic is worth a 1000 words then this one could write its own alphabet.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I flew a couple of weeks ago and kid you not...AA didn't let several people with "support" dogs board because there were to many "support" dogs on the flight. One lady had three little dogs in a purse looking thing. She got the boot when they realized she had more than one dog. She went BS crazy on the lady working the desk. It was a sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post

PRI_147047290.jpg
    Honey Boo Boo’s mama is dreaming of gator tail bites marinated in Eye-talian dressing.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    GOOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Bout time the stopped that BS!!
    These.

This mess was getting outta control.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-14-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

If things keep trending the way they are , there will be a lot of Duck hunters regretting the flag that says "emotional issues"
    Genesis 9;2

My doctors note just stated "medical reasons".

Been out of control. Country is fucked up and getting worse by the 2nd.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'm very sorry that Delta decided to do this. I liked to think that some kind and kind dog calms a person with an anxiety disorder during a flight. It gave me more peace of mind. In addition, such animals are trained not to scream during flights and transport crossings. ESA never interfered with me during flights. There has not been a single case where I've sat next to a person who needs ESA support and whose animal is growling at others, making noise, pissing or biting. Whatever Delta is guided by, I condemn their decision. It's a pity that you think they did the right thing. I hope people here are in solidarity with other owners of therapeutic animals and me.
    Last edited by peterolfe; 06-07-2022 at 09:23 AM.

That can't be a legit account.