Thread: Speaking of Sprigdog

Default Speaking of Sprigdog

Little help? Live at S. Padre...

Yeah, he needed to come to starboard a little. So glad I’m not on call 24/7 for that crap no more!
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Yeah, that looks like a nice boat too...

And CONGRATS on your retirement!

Thank you. 31 years 7 months. Didn’t feel like a day over 31.
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

How are you now?

Dang!!! Nice job on the active duty time!!!! I’m sitting at just under 19 and hoping I have at least 9 more to go!!!

Congratulations on your retirement!!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Sprig!!!!!!!

Great to see you on here!
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Dang!!! Nice job on the active duty time!!!! I’m sitting at just under 19 and hoping I have at least 9 more to go!!!

Congratulations on your retirement!!!
    I’m sitting at 8.5 just hoping I can make it another 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    How are you now?
    Tired!

Pbiz, woot!

RK. Stay as long as possible. Stay so long that age 50 you honestly don’t need to work again unless you’re bored.
    I was considered “essential” so I was fortunate to go past 30.

Sprig! How’s the health? Let’s see some dead ducks. How’s that pup doing?
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Sprig! How’s the health? Let’s see some dead ducks. How’s that pup doing?
    Health good. Dog tired like me. Thinking about getting another and rotating them next year. Between ducks/geese we did 85 days last year. Probably a little more this year. She had both knees blow out in 2018(TPLO) and her left don’t seem like it healed like the one the right. She gets sore, but so do I. We power through. Haha. I blew my knee completely up same year as she did. We were a pitiful pair in the marsh.
    I used to post pics here off photobucket, but I haven’t tried that in years. Y’all seen limits of bufflehead and mergs before. About all we get.

Sprig. Where you at in the PNW? Pm if needed. I’ve got family out that way that doesn’t hunt. I’d love to hunt out there one day!
    Go Tigers!!!

Sprigdog alert. Good to hear you are still amongst em! Damn if you aren't in a target rich area!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Sprig. Where you at in the PNW? Pm if needed. I’ve got family out that way that doesn’t hunt. I’d love to hunt out there one day!
    North central Or coast.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Sprigdog alert. Good to hear you are still amongst em! Damn if you aren't in a target rich area!
    Target rich for antifa hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    North central Or coast.
    10-4. Salem area where family is. I’m willing to drive. If we ever get back out there. Been a couple years now since we made the trip.
    Go Tigers!!!

You have a small window for a duck shoot. Oct-January. I’ll put you on a scoter/Buffy beat down.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    You have a small window for a duck shoot. Oct-January. I’ll put you on a scoter/Buffy beat down.
    10-4. I’ll take it. Better than nothing.
    Go Tigers!!!

I’m planning on staying until they tell me I have to leave!! It’s getting harder and harder with all the HYT and advancement changes. Sounds like they decided not to do the Senior Chief Advancement Panel and are just sticking to the SWE. I’m hoping that will mean I can make Senior Chief next year when I take the test. I usually do pretty well on the SWEs. I’m not sure what they are looking for on the MCAP. I’ve had a fairly diverse career though with several cutters in different classes and been stationed in the four corners of the US. That with some good marks and my experience at training centers will hopefully be enough to make E9 eventually.

Good to see that you’re still around! Can’t believe you retired up there! I’m back in Petaluma but this will be my last Cali tour if it’s up to me. It has just gotten too crazy out here.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I’m planning on staying until they tell me I have to leave!! It’s getting harder and harder with all the HYT and advancement changes. Sounds like they decided not to do the Senior Chief Advancement Panel and are just sticking to the SWE. I’m hoping that will mean I can make Senior Chief next year when I take the test. I usually do pretty well on the SWEs. I’m not sure what they are looking for on the MCAP. I’ve had a fairly diverse career though with several cutters in different classes and been stationed in the four corners of the US. That with some good marks and my experience at training centers will hopefully be enough to make E9 eventually.

Good to see that you’re still around! Can’t believe you retired up there! I’m back in Petaluma but this will be my last Cali tour if it’s up to me. It has just gotten too crazy out here.
    On year 7 back here. Took OIC of a surf station and intended to retire in 2017. They asked me to pull retirement letter and stay til 2018. Pulled out the calculator and said get me to 2019 with zero chance of transfer and I’ll pull my letter. Master Chief Surfman are rare as a unicorn. They didn’t even get back to me. Said yes immediately.
    I’ve seen HYT and PGP and everything else multiple times. All based on the economy. If it’s booming, no worries. When it goes to crap(like what’s happening/going to happen) no one wants out. Then HYT kicks in again.
    Edit: just read going back to SWE. Crazy. The outfit of change every other day
    Last edited by sprigdog; 01-11-2021 at 09:56 PM.