Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to talk about ducks

https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsessi...ter-the-season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducks dont have to have a impoundmet flooded with food to survive. I get the point of them keeping them flooded. Trust me my thought was if i ever owned one i would definitely keep it flooded and probably even pour the corn to it. But sometimes i think we forget that these are wild animals. Its kind like the deer. I see people complain certain times of the year. Man the deer aint moving and their not eating my corn. And some are smart enough to know they move to the acorns. Its just my thoughts. Sometimes i wish we didn't have any impoundments and we hunted them like the old old timers did.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Before the corn impoundments, the rice plantations were the driver. Look at 3 of the best (not necessarily the best 3) states for waterfowl hunting, Arkansas, Texas, California...what do they have in common? RICE

Bud Light presents real men of genius. We salute you Coot Nasty, years of diligent work ridding public waters of waterfowl one mud boat ride at a time.... when you've driven every inch of shoreline on one body of
    water you trailer the boat and drive to the next.....if daylight permits the next.... private land owners thank you.

Flooding rice is a normal agricultural practice. Flooding corn is not.
    If you look at it from a conservation standpoint of things more than ducks, flooding corn is a terrible use of resources.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Bud Light presents real men of genius. We salute you Coot Nasty, years of diligent work ridding public waters of waterfowl one mud boat ride at a time.... when you've driven every inch of shoreline on one body of
    water you trailer the boat and drive to the next.....if daylight permits the next.... private land owners thank you.
    I appreciate it my diligent work of me riding every public water around here and glassing every inch of shoreline helps me kill ducks in a state that people give up on and complain. Just because i have a mud motor doesn't mean i use it in ways to make hunting pressure worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Flooding rice is a normal agricultural practice. Flooding corn is not.
    If you look at it from a conservation standpoint of things more than ducks, flooding corn is a terrible use of resources.
    That was exactly what I was getting at. NATURAL veg draws more because it looks like it supposed to. Mallards will ravage a cut corn field in the north but how many of them have water? None. They dry feed and have their potholes to loaf in.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I appreciate it my diligent work of me riding every public water around here and glassing every inch of shoreline helps me kill ducks in a state that people give up on and complain. Just because i have a mud motor doesn't mean i use it in ways to make hunting pressure worse.
    Oh trust me I have witnessed your glassing for years. To say you are "DRIVEN" would be an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    That was exactly what I was getting at. NATURAL veg draws more because it looks like it supposed to. Mallards will ravage a cut corn field in the north but how many of them have water? None. They dry feed and have their potholes to loaf in.

Wonder why ducks dont dry feed in the south? I mean you may see a few but nothing like up north. Its mind boggling

[QUOTE=BRR;2835870]Oh trust me I have witnessed your glassing for years. To say you are "DRIVEN" would be an so your saying i fly around the area you speak of and run ducks up?

[QUOTE=coot nasty;2835873]
    Oh trust me I have witnessed your glassing for years. To say you are "DRIVEN" would be an so your saying i fly around the area you speak of and run ducks up?
    I wouldnt describe that mud boat at full throttle as flying, but hearing it coming for 10 minutes and seeing the birds clear out before you get there yes. The only glassing I have seen is when you get out the boat and check holes in the woods. However, most of those birds have vacated the area before you parked the boat.

Not picking a fight, just gets old seeing time and time again
    Last edited by BRR; 01-17-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Part of our crew went to the vaunted Habitat Flats. Plenty of food and water. Ducks, not so much. Can confirm that the lunches were inedible as we were told here years ago...
    I saw a pic Tony posted of he and his dad the other day....he looked 15 years older than his dad
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

[QUOTE=BRR;2835875]

I wouldnt describe that mud boat at full throttle as flying, but hearing it coming for 10 minutes and seeing the birds clear out before you get there yes. The only glassing I have seen is when you get out the boat and check holes in the woods. However, most of those birds have vacated the area before you parked the boat.
    Well whatever im doing must be working killed more mallards this year than they have in the draw all season and if the limit hasn't been 2 on them that number would be higher. But its obvious your mad at mud motors and think thats the reason that place dont get ducks anymore. And i can promise you i dont go around that place in the flats at full throttle without glassing before moving forward. And when i do run full throttle im in the river and if what im doing is working for me thats all that matters. Im sorry if your struggling out there to kill or whatever is going on but trying to blame a guy that is killing out of a tool that bothers you aint gonna make you more successful. Maybe start thinking outside the box or more like a duck. Anyways good luck with the rest of your season and if i have flared ducks that i didn't mean to while your hunting im sorry.

[QUOTE=coot nasty;2835882]

Well whatever im doing must be working killed more mallards this year than they have in the draw all season and if the limit hasn't been 2 on them that number would be higher. But its obvious your mad at mud motors and think thats the reason that place dont get ducks anymore. And i can promise you i dont go around that place in the flats at full throttle without glassing before moving forward. And when i do run full throttle im in the river and if what im doing is working for me thats all that matters. Im sorry if your struggling out there to kill or whatever is going on but trying to blame a guy that is killing out of a tool that bothers you aint gonna make you more successful. Maybe start thinking outside the box or more like a duck. Anyways good luck with the rest of your season and if i have flared ducks that i didn't mean to while your hunting im sorry.
    Yes the GW made sure everyone knew you had found a pod of clip toes and had been killing them. I don't have as much a problem with mud motors as do with the way people operate them. Your incessant driving is not very courteous to other hunters. And yes the Banded/Avery boat has flared many working birds over the years.
    It seems rather boastful to imply harvesting 20+ mallards and rather presumptuous to imply others struggling, to justify your actions. Maybe that's a pro staff moto, who knows.
    Anyway, all I ask is that you just go hunt and be happy, quit driving all over creation. Peace be with you.
    Last edited by BRR; 01-17-2021 at 12:45 PM.

[QUOTE=BRR;2835903]

Yes the GW made sure everyone knew you had found a pod of clip toes and had been killing them. I don't have as much a problem with mud motors as do with the way people operate them. Your incessant driving is not very courteous to other hunters. And yes the Banded/Avery boat has flared many working birds over the years.
    It seems rather boastful to imply harvesting 20+ mallards and rather presumptuous to imply others struggling, to justify your actions. Maybe that's a pro staff moto, who knows.
    Anyway, all I ask is that you just go hunt and be happy, quit driving all over creation. Peace be with you.
    Its obvious you look at other people riding around in mud boats and assume its me. How bout next time you talk to the game warden ask him if i dont show up to the boat ramp at 6:00 am and leave about 11:30 and go straigjt back to the ramp. I have rode that place 2 times this year. All the other times i go to the same spot and kill. But if you wanna thump your chest by trying to bash me all over rhe internet and try to make me look like a bad person have at it! And yes it is sickening that 5 of the ducks ive killed are clipped. Nothing i can control. Only thing i can control are my actions and I know for a fact what your trying to tell the world about me on the i nternet is not true again good luck to you! Im done.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 01-17-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Well that escalated quickly
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Damn. Sounds like BRR’s location doesn’t fit the bill and he’s mad about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Damn. Sounds like BRR’s location doesn’t fit the bill and he’s mad about it.
    Bean you ride in Coots boat from time to time.....nuff said
    Last edited by BRR; 01-17-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Oh, you know me? I was under the impression we haven’t met. Be sure to introduce yourself next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Shots fired!!!
    Low country redneck who moved north