Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyota killing the LandCruiser in US

20210111_070859.jpg

I think it's normally like 12 or 13 in town.. it's rare if I ever get on an interstate

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    My 2013 200 is 15/18
    You got one to shit on and the other to cover it up!
    Windows Down!

How will fresh market and Whole Foods shoppers get their groceries home?!

Be all Donner Party in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    My 2018 f150 averages around 16, but like KRT has said many times, “anybody that tells you they buy an SUV or truck for MPG is either an idiot or a liar “
    For me, the Operating cost of driving a tundra is 3,000$ more per year than a Ford truck. I’d regather have that 3k in my pocket than giving it to
    The gas station and tire man
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    For me, the Operating cost of driving a tundra is 3,000$ more per year than a Ford truck. I’d regather have that 3k in my pocket than giving it to
    The gas station and tire man
    Comparing MPG from truck to truck or suv to suv is one thing, but saying that you bought a truck because it gets good MPG is a lie. If somebody is just looking for what gets the MPG then a truck or SUV should never be in the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Comparing MPG from truck to truck or suv to suv is one thing, but saying that you bought a truck because it gets good MPG is a lie. If somebody is just looking for what gets the MPG then a truck or SUV should never be in the conversation
    Not speaking for Raybird, but it is just a math problem. A person may need a truck for their work and can't consider cars in the equation. If you're not keeping a truck past 150k miles, it makes sense to look at MPG if you travel a lot.

I've never hand checked my 18 tundra but the computer still shows 14-15 mpg average on every trip. This with a 3inch suspension lift and 35/11.50 tires. Hook something behind it and you can see the gas hand falling but I didn't buy it for its fuel mileage. I'll be driving this 1 until it breaks.

Even at 12 mpg on a 38 gallon tank is still around 450 miles if you drive with some sense and not like a 16 year old. I just drove to Arkansas for a few days. A full tank will get me within 100 miles of Memphis leaving from Spartanburg.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I went to AR in a Tundra that “gets 13.9 mpg no matter whether it’s in town, on the interstate or pulling my boat (his boat is at least 24’....)”. I got tired of listening to that nonsense knowing it didn’t so I finally explained to him that he’d never reset the trip computer and that his mileage was based on 130,000 mile of his grandma wife driving it. Then I reset the computer.......11.2 carrying 4 folks, 6 guns and some clothes.

New Sequoia. Just hit 5200 when i left for this trip. Averaged 11.5 running 80-100 from Bham to Kennett. Full Bham, fill up in Southhaven, Kennett back to Southaven fill up, made it back. 3 tanks at $50 round trip. $150.
    Before, I had an Escalade that would get 18.5 running 80-100 from Bham to Kennett. Full Bham, fill up outside Kennett, fill up in Jasper. 3 Tanks, $65 premium, $195.

It's pretty simple.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

My wife's Sequoia is a 2012 & only thing its been in the shop for is tires. I've done the regular maint & brakes. It has 120k miles on it & been paid for a long time. Still rides like new.

Oh yeah, that. Reminds me.....this POS Tundra had a 20 or 22 gallon tank and we filled up in every state we drove thru. FTS.

'll be in my 07 til the thing blows up

Turned 195,000 in my 09 Tundra this morning. A new starter and brakes are all she has required.

Wife has a 16 Sequoia and has been flawless thus far, granted it is 2wd but she averages 13/17. I bought a 19 silverado and it averages 19-20mpg around the mean streets and pulls a 24ft bay boat 70mph and still gets north of 10.5mpg. Toyotas are great EXCEPT for, the outdated interior, terrible fuel mileage and the damn drivers seat won't go back far enough. My two cents.
    "run and gun guide service"

There is an ass for every seat...write that down.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I’ve been getting 14.7 in my 06 so I’ll be used to bad mileage when I by my next tundra.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Funny, my 2013 has the same tech as my 2020 F350 loaded Lariat with a few more options.
    They may have the same tech, but the Ford is better tech.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    JeffJohnLBemem17.jpg
    At least I'm housebroken.

I bet on average Toyota drivers kill more shit and have bigger dicks!

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    Not really, just different looking buttons.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013