Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning trail cams suck

Default Browning trail cams suck

I love Browning guns but their trail cams really suck. Moultrie is a world better.

Disclaimer: IMO...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I have used Bushnell for years. They all crapped out about the same time, and I just got several brownings. They are working fine so far mechanically, but the quality of the daytime pictures leaves a lot to be desired.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I’ve had good luck with brownings until the last batch I bought. 3 of the 4 giving me problems

I’ve thrown 10 moultries in the trash and currently have 4 brownings a moultrie and some amazing camera, all working good. Once the browning battery life hits 50% I have to change them or they won’t take night time pictures but that’s my only issue and I knew it going in.

What kind of batteries? Duracell doesn’t give me this issue out of 6 browning cameras.

The battery trays suck and crack. They discontinue parts pretty quick for them too. Need an ir lens for one and its discontinued part on a 3 year old camera.

I will say customer service has done me right on 2 different cameras. Additionally if a camera is broken and no parts available they give you a trade in credit on camera directly from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I’ve thrown 10 moultries in the trash and currently have 4 brownings a moultrie and some amazing camera, all working good. Once the browning battery life hits 50% I have to change them or they won’t take night time pictures but that’s my only issue and I knew it going in.

The newer brownings suck, I’ve had 5 die this year. The ones with the screen to view the pictures will get water in them after a while and start to rust the internals. The picture quality both day and night is terrible compared to the older models. I have a 2016 model that has been running non stop for 4 years and picture quality and battery life is great. Can’t say the same for the ones bought between 2018 and 2020.

We run the Covert cameras and they seem to hold up well. This was season 3 with them.

Sorry to hear that. I’ve had pretty good luck with my Brownings. I was all Moutrie but to me they’ve gotten worse so I bought Brownings. I will say my Moultrie’s with cell service are working great. I really like my Brownings.

I run about 20 cameras and have all kinds. Moultrie is usually the best all around. Battery life is great with all my brownings but pic quality sucks. I bought 3 of the Cabelas outfitter 30 mp cameras this year and was EXTREMELY impressed at the quality and battery life. I will buy 4-5 more next year to replace my brownings

Agreed. Trouble is they are a Chinese licence product sold by Prometheus and just happens to have a buckmark on them.

Reconyx

4 brownings in trash for me in august.

I’ve always ran with Moultrie M Series and never had any issues. I take them down in Jan and remove the batteries. I’ve had the same lithium batteries in a couple of them for 2-3 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Reconyx
    This of course with a price tag attached to that. With that being said, all I used to run was Browning and they served me well. Customer service was ok and for the price, as long as they last me 3 years I was happy. With them making so many now and swapping technology every year they will continue to decline and be hit and miss.

Now I have a few Reconyx and my mind is set as ease when running them. I have had some minor issues with them but customer service was THE BEST. Therefore Ill continue to purchase them.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 01-18-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Two things for sure - day or night Browning photo quality is unexceptional. Moultrie daytime photos could be used on a magazine cover. Moultrie allows photos and videos...for Browning it's one or the other but not both (at least for the 3 different Browning models I have).
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    This of course with a price tag attached to that. With that being said, all I used to run was Browning and they served me well. Customer service was ok and for the price, as long as they last me 3 years I was happy. With them making so many now and swapping technology every year they will continue to decline and be hit and miss.

Now I have a few Reconyx and my mind is set as ease when running them. I have had some minor issues with them but customer service was THE BEST. Therefore Ill continue to purchase them.
    I’ve only had a minor issue with a reconyx but sent it back and was fixed no problem. Buy once cry once

Lol. Rubberhead said suck
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Bought 5 Simmons 21.99 cameras. No frills, take better pictures than my Browning's. Battery life with Lithium has going since been August. Thousands of pics taken. Motion sensor picks up well.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I refuse to be baited into posting trail camera pictures but The browning cameras pictures don't suck IMO, that being said Im not using them to take magazine quality photos, I want to keep track of inventory and get a direction the deer are coming from and pattern.

Buy a Tactacam and forget it!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.