Thread: UTV?

Default UTV?

In the market of a UTV for work. Would be using is to burn, spray around buildings/gates/etc, and getting around when the roads are too wet. I’ve had experience with almost all of the major brands with the exception of a Honda Pioneer. I’m partial to a JD Gator but open to any options. Looking for something lightly used. Gator, Ranger, Mule, Kubota, Honda? What says the SCDucks Brain Trust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I use a ranger at work, it’s tough and gets the shit beat out of it. The mules are good too. That’s about all I have experience with
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I have a Polaris Ranger 800 and am pleased with it. Low maintenance and gets the job done. If I were to buy a new one today I would get a CanAm

2 Rangers and a Gator. Ranger hands down
    80-20 Genaration

Can Am Defender long bed if you are going to work out of it.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I’ve beat the hell out of my little 625i Gator and it keeps on ticking.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Toys all. The only true workhorse is the Mule Trans by Kawasaki. Not fast ,not flashy, but the only tractor of the group. Havent seen one out of service on the delta yet,

I had a 2005 3010 trans that wouldn't go over 28 mph but was a workhorse. It looked like hell when I was done with it. Only complaint I had was it was cold natured. All I ever did was put tires and 1 fuel pump and 1 drive belt on it. God knows how many miles were on that thing. I put it on Craigslist for $6,500 on a Saturday night and had 2 dudes in my driveway from somewhere in Georgia at 9am the next morning.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Thanks for the replies fellas. Ended up finding a pretty good deal on a lightly used Gator 825i.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Thanks for the replies fellas. Ended up finding a pretty good deal on a lightly used Gator 825i.

Damn good machine.