Thread: Trijicon Owners?

Default Trijicon Owners?

Looking at the ACCUPOINT line , Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 specifically. Looking at the reticle with green dot in center. I've only seen an amber with post and it was daylight.
    My questions are: Which reticle do you have and how do you like it, any reason specifically you went with it?
    Will that green dot be bright enough, too bright at dusk dark conditions?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Not sure what you call it, but I set the port that allows light in to the lowest setting possible. At that setting, the green dot was good in low light. Any more, and there is a glare.

I like the amber dot over the green in low light conditions. I’ve got the standard duplex and it’s great for my type of hunting (less than 300 yard shots, with most under 150)

I have the 2.5 x 10 x 56 BDC duplex with green center dot- perfect IMO and I have used hunting scopes with illumination since the first Bushnell Banner lite sight in the 80's( that scope is still working perfect on one of my 30-30's)
    The crosshair is a great hunting reticle in daylight without the green dot.
    The green dot is never overpowering and doesn't wash out the image or cut into the low light capabilities. New Years Eve I made a perfect 110 yard neck shot in the woods 40 minutes after sunset- and I was in a pop up blind that hinders the use of available light.

I think it's a great scope especially for the price.

I don’t own one but my buddy does and he loves it. I think it is a pretty smart system. Eliminates some of the weight and complexity you’d find with an electronic reticle.

I’ve been wanting the 2.5-12x42 but can’t bring myself to cough up $950.

It looks like they are in short supply and about everyone has them on backorder. For 700.00 it has great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    It looks like they are in short supply and about everyone has them on backorder. For 700.00 it has great reviews.
    Personally I don’t think there’s a better scope for the money. You can get better but you’ll have to double your price to do so

I bought a Swarovski z6 couple of years ago, 50+ mm 30 mm tube yada yada. It ain't all that or I was expecting too much. Gonna try second tier this time around.

X2 on amber. I’ve got all three colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I like the amber dot over the green in low light conditions. I’ve got the standard duplex and it’s great for my type of hunting (less than 300 yard shots, with most under 150)

Once the sun goes down the port or fiber optic portion of the optic isn’t used. The reticle is then using only the tritium for illumination. None of them are too bright. I have the BAC in amber in one and the green MOA Dot in another. Either one is fine for any type light.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have 2 right now. One with the amber triangle post and one with the amber mildot. I had a green mildot as well. I prefer the amber.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I have the 2.5 x 10 x 56 BDC duplex with green center dot- perfect IMO and I have used hunting scopes with illumination since the first Bushnell Banner lite sight in the 80's( that scope is still working perfect on one of my 30-30's)
    The crosshair is a great hunting reticle in daylight without the green dot.
    The green dot is never overpowering and doesn't wash out the image or cut into the low light capabilities. New Years Eve I made a perfect 110 yard neck shot in the woods 40 minutes after sunset- and I was in a pop up blind that hinders the use of available light.

I think it's a great scope especially for the price.

Thanks for the input

Looking at this same scope for my new 6.5/300 Wby

Just do not know anyone that uses one, most of my guns have a Leupold on them but just looking for something different however may want more magnification

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Looking at the ACCUPOINT line , Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 specifically. Looking at the reticle with green dot in center. I've only seen an amber with post and it was daylight.
    My questions are: Which reticle do you have and how do you like it, any reason specifically you went with it?
    Will that green dot be bright enough, too bright at dusk dark conditions?
    I think I have the exact one you are looking at. I love it. Been several times I could easily shoot way past legal shooting time. I have no complaints about the green dot at all or being too bright. I also haven’t seen the amber. I’ve got an illuminated reticle on a Zeiss coming my way so I’ll be able to compare those two but I’ve really got no complaints.

Thanks for replies. Trying to find one for fair price now.