Thread: SBE damaged barrel

Default SBE damaged barrel

I have a 26” original SBE barrel that has split at the base of the screw in choke, I let a friend of my sons borrow it for an early season goose hunt 10 or so years ago and he stuck it in the mud and didn’t realize it. Anyway, been holding it since then and was cleaning the gun cabinet out and actually had forgotten about it, was wondering if there is anything to do with it. Can it be cut and rechoked or anything else, if so who do you recommend?

I'd be interested in tinkering with it if you decide to get rid of it.

Send it to Rob Robert’s, he can cut and re thread it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Would love to have it

I would chop it and rethread it. I have several shotgun barrels at Rose Action Sports getting rethreaded and new beads installed. Prices were not bad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Would love to have it
    Seconds if you want to get rid of it
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I bought a Franchi Afinnity a couple of years ago. Had it a couple of hunts before I dropped it in the mud the last day of duck season. Didn’t realize I had it caked up and like an idiot made a quick shot and it bulged right around the area where the choke screws in. I cleaned it up spotless and took it up to Palmetto State Armory where I bought it. Didn’t tell them I dropped in the mud. The guy there said he had never seen one bulge only in the area where the choke tube screws in. Said he had never seen anything like it and would send it up to Binelli but would take 4-6 weeks. I figured I would be out $400 buying another barrel and told him do what you need to do as long as I get it back before turkey season. I didn’t hear anything back and it got to be march a couple of weeks before turkey season so I called up there to see what was going on. Spoke to a couple of people who couldn’t find my gun, got pissed, they found it can realize it had never been sent up. I raise tail at that point got the gun back with a brand new barrel within a week at no charge

New forum mvp award nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHdevil View Post
    I bought a Franchi Afinnity a couple of years ago. Had it a couple of hunts before I dropped it in the mud the last day of duck season. Didn’t realize I had it caked up and like an idiot made a quick shot and it bulged right around the area where the choke screws in. I cleaned it up spotless and took it up to Palmetto State Armory where I bought it. Didn’t tell them I dropped in the mud. The guy there said he had never seen one bulge only in the area where the choke tube screws in. Said he had never seen anything like it and would send it up to Binelli but would take 4-6 weeks. I figured I would be out $400 buying another barrel and told him do what you need to do as long as I get it back before turkey season. I didn’t hear anything back and it got to be march a couple of weeks before turkey season so I called up there to see what was going on. Spoke to a couple of people who couldn’t find my gun, got pissed, they found it can realize it had never been sent up. I raise tail at that point got the gun back with a brand new barrel within a week at no charge

So you screwed the gun up, took it back to where you bought it, lied to them about what happened, expected to have to pay for it, got pissed when they didn't fix your stupidity, got a new barrel without owning up to your mistake and then you gloat about it on the internet. Bravo sir.

You’re a piece of shit, congrats on your free barrel.

Dayum!

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    That’s great jabroni. Love it

I wouldn’t go around bragging about being a liar. That is one trait I can’t tolerate in a person.

Otter- take your barrel to Ronnie cox on woodruff rd. In Greenville.

If he isn't someone's troll- the Social Justice Hedevil needs to be gone

Seems there's websites on how to fuck the system on returns. Amazon gives refunds and tells ya to keep product depending on what it is. Friend overhears a conversation at Costco, lady trying to return mattress still in plastic. Customer service lady says we can refund you your money but we can't take that mattress back, do as you please with it. I guess Covid brings too much liabilities.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Seems there's websites on how to fuck the system on returns. Amazon gives refunds and tells ya to keep product depending on what it is. Friend overhears a conversation at Costco, lady trying to return mattress still in plastic. Customer service lady says we can refund you your money but we can't take that mattress back, do as you please with it. I guess Covid brings too much liabilities.
    It costs some companies more to restock items than to let the product walk away. If it left the store, they made money on it.

And this is what's wrong with our world.