Thread: Federal Trapping Ban...

Default Federal Trapping Ban...

Wonder if this includes rat traps? Can someone repost that bucket with acid idea thingy so I can start learning some alternative methods.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-09-2021 at 08:13 AM.

"SEC. 3. PROHIBITED ACTS AND PENALTIES.

(a) Prohibited Acts.—It shall be unlawful for any person—

(1) to import, export, deliver, carry, or transport by any means whatever, in interstate commerce, any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap"

Does this mean it only applies when trapping commercially and doing business across state lines?

Sigh...

Thanks Glenn. I will try this new kid Madison Cawthorn out. I need to call him Monday anyway about something else...

(2) to sell, receive, acquire, or purchase any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap that was delivered, carried, or transported in violation of paragraph (1).

This would apply to buying new traps that are not made in, or currently housed in your state, i.e. just about any of the trapping supply retailers.

And if this passed on a national level it will only give individual state legislators to momentum to ban use in their state.

Of course my interpretation is that FOOT hold traps are a-ok!

Polymer traps with steel coils coming soon.

The only Rep in SC to favor this is from Orangeburg.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    (2) to sell, receive, acquire, or purchase any steel-jaw leghold trap or Conibear trap that was delivered, carried, or transported in violation of paragraph (1).

This would apply to buying new traps that are not made in, or currently housed in your state, i.e. just about any of the trapping supply retailers.
    That darn interstate commerce clause strikes again!

A for instance.

The City of Columbia's wastewater treatment depends on successful beaver trapping. Successful beaver trapping means connibears. End that? These dumb fricks will be up to their necks in dookie and the water quality of the Congaree, Santee, Lakes Marion and Moultrie, and most of the water you Charleston types take a shower in will be dookie too. A huge shit sandwich and you are all gonna have to take a bite. Me? I will be up here on the mountain enjoying a nice clean glass of ice water. You peeps better start seeing the writing on the wall, call someone like Jenks and get yours while money is cheaper than dirt...

Go fuck a goat
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

What time machine did I just step out of and this is the biggest problem the nation has?

I like the part where they offer a reward of half the fine to the individual that reports violations. We shall see that part again.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...BD00E992996328

Well...Nancy mace knows how I feel. Geeez. Hate that I even had to write that email.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    I like the part where they offer a reward of half the fine to the individual that reports violations. We shall see that part again.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...BD00E992996328
    I told y'all that the Chekists were coming. The industrious ones will build power bases out of ratting even the innocent out that you will not believe. Crazy how fast it all happened...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    For sure. The citizens of the Soviet Union knew it as Chekism. Another brilliant plan of Beria's.

Those types are with us always. Trad could have certainly told you that. As you say, in times like these, they are emboldened. If encouraged, like the Soviets did, they become the people who torture old people, rape school kids, whatever it takes to get a confession from you about anything to add to their newfound "prestige"...

Social credit score is going to mean way more than your beacon credit score
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Sure it is. First time I saw it on Black Mirror was like I just saw the burning bush of the Bible. I was like 'Yep. That's it right there"... What they didn't tell you in that show was that if you are below certain scores, companies will be free not to do business with you....

We just got turned down for adopting a dog because we have livestock guardian dogs."We believe all dogs and cats should be household companions".