Thread: Lake Guntersville

Default Lake Guntersville

I was invited to go on a trip with some boys from work, got a house for the week and a bunch of beer. I've heard it can be hit or miss, has anyone been out........ there my guess is being so far off the Mississippi it will probably be rough going. It ought to be a fun time either way just wondering if it would be on anybody's list for killing ducks
    Last edited by LCO; 01-07-2021 at 10:27 PM.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Alot of gadwall normally

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Gadwall, canvasbacks, golden eye, ringnecks, and geese. Those are the usually suspects. There are blacks and mallards if you know where to look but they generally take a lot more work.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Screw a duck. Take a rod and reel.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

grey ducks galore! Which are some of the best for eating IMHO.

We have had decent hunts near 34.791382, -85.835332, there is a little cut just south of that dot to get off main channel.

the locals at Guntersville make the hillbillies in Arkansas look welcoming.
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Thanks guys we shall see how it goes ! it'll be better than being at work anyways !!!! I'll be sure to give an update next weekend

Tennessee River can pull ducks from two flyways if the conditions are right.

Lots of gadwalls for sure. But back in the DAAAAAY we killed mallards, blacks and ringers too.

The area around Bridgeport was once a relatively unknown place to shoot Black ducks. Some of the private land in the area around Wheeler Lake east of Huntsville still produces.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

My buddy lives beside Guntersville. He hunts hard. He’s actually in Washington now, hunting birds. This season has been horrible according to him so far. If you want to kill Gadwall there, you’re better off going earlier in the season. They had a front blow through a couple of weeks ago, and most everything left with it. A few have trickled back in. He said even the traditional Coot numbers are less than half of what he will normally see.

We tried it last year for old times sake and came home early if that tells you anything. This was near the end of the season right after a good front came through. Go with low expectations and you may be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    We tried it last year for old times sake and came home early if that tells you anything. This was near the end of the season right after a good front came through. Go with low expectations and you may be surprised.
    I didn't have high hopes but we shall see

I fished a tournament there several years ago at the end of October and there were a bunch of greys and divers. Grass makes a difference! Oh and tons of meth! Make sure you lock your shit up. There was a billboard coming into town that literally stated guntersville as being the meth capitol of the US. 1/4 mile later, we had to dodge a junkie stumbling throughout the middle of the road in the middle of town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fished a tournament there once. Cool ass lake! I can’t help with the hunt though.