Thread: Trip saving tip

Default Trip saving tip

On a recent duck hunt to a remote area my waders developed leaks in both feet (soaking wet). I couldn't find the source but it appeared to be dry rot around the top of the boot. The closest wader selling store was six hours away and it was cold (12 degrees). A friend suggested FlexSeal. I went to the local hardware store and bought a can of spray on. One light coat and I finished my trip with dry feet.

I’ve always wanted to try a can of that stuff just to see if it’s a gimmick
    Last edited by Biggie1976; 01-07-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Mine developed a leak in the crotch. I stretched the waders out with some clamps, covered the area with aqua seal, then several light coats of flex seal. They've been holding up for a few trips now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha

I keep a can of the clear spray in my toolbox at all times.

Used it on a leak on our roof. Sprayed wet wood where water came through & it sealed it. Lasted until we got a new roof

Lmao at Charlie horse
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I know someone who has 2 pair of banded waders that have flex seal on every seam from the boot to the crotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    I know someone who has 2 pair of banded waders that have flex seal on every seam from the boot to the crotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a pair of banded waders and I am glad I saw this post!!! Those sorry ass waders should come with a free can or two

My backup waders have as much shoe goo and flex seal as they do neoprene, but they’re dry.

I’ve used two damn tubes of aqua seal this season. Got soaked today. Like, real wet. Damn waders are in the bed of my truck getting rained on. Serves em right. But now you got me thinking about that clear can of flex seal in my box.

I’ve ordered 5 pair of waders this year. Sent two banded back due to fit. One drake back. Waiting on another pair of drakes and a pair of Rogers. I’ll be wearing my old drakes tomorrow that have four pin hole leaks. Errrr. Gonna flex seal em now.
    Last edited by Duckkiller; 01-07-2021 at 08:15 PM.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    I’ve used two damn tubes of aqua seal this season. Got soaked today. Like, real wet. Damn waders are in the bed of my truck getting rained on. Serves em right. But now you got me thinking about that clear can of flex seal in my box.

I’ve ordered 5 pair of waders this year. Sent two banded back due to fit. One drake back. Waiting on another pair of drakes and a pair of Rogers. I’ll be wearing my old drakes tomorrow that have four pin hole leaks. Errrr. Gonna flex seal em now.
    Rogers are awesome. They have neoprene at the top of the boot to be able to slide the waders down and not have to worry about that seal.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Used it on a leak on our roof. Sprayed wet wood where water came through & it sealed it. Lasted until we got a new roof
    This reminded me of this. This was a homeowner repair that still leaked

66359C7D-4FB2-45B6-8479-F6C4CC32824D.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

^ Two words: studor valve

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-07-2021 at 11:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    ^ Two words: studor valve

No doubt. We went some having 4 or 5 vents on a 1,200sf house to one 3 inch vent on a 3,000sf house. Very nice

I don't know what the actual code requirement is, but if I had it my way once my house gets a new roof, which should be in the next few years, there won't be any vent pipes protruding through the roof line.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I don't know what the actual code requirement is, but if I had it my way once my house gets a new roof, which should be in the next few years, there won't be any vent pipes protruding through the roof line.

Not a bad plan