Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pole Yard Landing

Default Pole Yard Landing

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Your next best bet is Phoenix McConnell or Wambaw Creek. But both of those landings are a good ways into the National Forest and would be a good ride down river to where you are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both equally as sketchy. Not sure how many times I launched my boat over a dead body in a car trunk they pulled at mcconnells.... way down in the woods if shit were to go wrong.

Edited: those guys were tied up in stuff that aren’t my deal, but would be less than ideal to roll up on inadvertently.

Last edited by Islandguy85; 01-03-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Both equally as sketchy. Not sure how many times I launched my boat over a dead body in a car trunk they pulled at mcconnells.... way down in the woods if shit were to go wrong.

No doubt about that! I’d take my chances at the pole yard long before I’d use either of those landings for any length of time or with any of the residents in that area with the exception of maybe 2-3.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

We’ve left some trucks North of there on the South Santee without a problem. I’m guessing one of the 2 Quackhead mentioned. Though leaving trucks at any boat landing is inherently risky.

I don’t think the boat ride would be too bad if you thought is was safer to leave them in the woods.

Edit: Nevermind, after reading the other comments just posted.
    Last edited by Ghetto; 01-03-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    We’ve left some trucks North of there on the South Santee without a problem. I’m guessing one of the 2 Quackhead mentioned. Though leaving trucks at any boat landing is inherently risky.

I don’t think the boat ride would be too bad if you thought is was safer to leave them in the woods.
    Only potential saving grace at Phoenix McConnell would be the hippies and yuppies camping next to it.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Default Pole Yard Landing

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post

All a dice roll but I may go with Pyard.
    When I had one, I used to leave a dog in the truck that really hated strangers at any of the previous mentioned ramps.

Last edited by Islandguy85; 01-03-2021 at 08:24 PM.

If you are down for a longer ride you could always put in a buck hall. They have a campground so I’m sure your truck will be fine for a couple days. Just have to pay $5 per day. I don’t know what boat you are running but from Buck hall to the Santee is probably 30-35 min.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    If you are down for a longer ride you could always put in a buck hall. They have a campground so I’m sure your truck will be fine for a couple days. Just have to pay $5 per day. I don’t know what boat you are running but from Buck hall to the Santee is probably 30-35 min.
    15’ havoc with a 50hp Tohatsu. Only downside there is we are packing all of our extra gas in with us. I only planned on two extra jugs. That Tohatsu is very good on gas.

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    15’ havoc with a 50hp Tohatsu. Only downside there is we are packing all of our extra gas in with us. I only planned on two extra jugs. That Tohatsu is very good on gas.

You’re looking at an hour or more boat ride one way from Buck Hall to where you are staying. And you better know your way around the delta in some spots.

You got insurance on the truck? Fuck it. Go have a great time
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You got insurance on the truck? Fuck it. Go have a great time
    Winner winner

Pole Yard.
    Check on it daily.
    Take your shit.
    Remove any Chuck Yup stickers and you'll be fine.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

There's always the bluff

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    There's always the bluff
    Hahaha talk about a long way from nowhere

One time I put in there and came back and my tail light was busted out and the tire on my trailer was cut. When we got there the parking lot was empty. I parked as far away as I could, like I always do, and there wasn’t anybody when we pulled away from the landing. When we got back there were 4 or 5 other trucks. When I was putting the spare on an older guy and his sons helped us get the spare on and said sometimes the young bucks retaliate when you wake up before they do.

It’s just a calculated risk really. Just go, remove stuff, lock trailer and don’t worry about it. Stuff can happen anywhere. Go, have fun and take it as it comes if it happens.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    It’s just a calculated risk really. Just go, remove stuff, lock trailer and don’t worry about it. Stuff can happen anywhere. Go, have fun and take it as it comes if it happens.
    This. Just don’t leave nothing irreplaceable.
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

I’m local to the area, back into the far north east spots with your trailer against the fence, it’s somewhat lighted and can be seen from the north bound lanes on 17,it’s only a 2-3 mile run back from your camp to check on your truck, odds are, it’ll be fine

My shop is about 4.5 miles towards town from the PY. If you can get someone to give you a ride back to the PY after launching my place is open to you. I may be able to ferry you, just depends on the work schedule.

Your other option is SI Ferry - well lit and if you cut thru Minim Creek, it's not too far of a run. It it like going around your thumb to get to your elbow though.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Rent a truck from uhaul?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14