Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My Covid Experience

Good deal

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Figured I’d share my experience with the brain trust. My daughter was exposed to Covid and subsequently tested positive for Covid. She tested positive on a rapid test on a Tuesday and the whole family tested on Wednesday with the regular test. My daughter tested positive again and the other 3 of us tested negative. DHEC told us we could test out of quarantine after 7 days of exposure. All 3 of us tested negative again with the regular test.

So here’s the rest. We didn’t isolate one bit. I shared food with the positive daughter, she sat in my lap multiple hours, etc. Here are my conclusions about our experience

1. DHEC is a cluster. They tell people different things about quarantine. You can’t get a straight answer on anything. If you called 3 times you’d get 3 different answers.
    2. One of the following must be true about Covid: 1. Asymptotic people can’t transmit the virus. 2. The test is highly susceptible to false positive 3. The virus is not easily transmitted. One of those has to be true if I look at my experience
    3. How can a naturally occurring virus downright kill people and some people can’t even catch it, or if they do, be completely asymptotic?

Just some thoughts I had during our quarantine. I’m extremely grateful we faired really well with the virus. I know some people don’t have that luxury.Christmas was very different for us this year being stuck at the house, but it was nice not having to go all over the place.
    I don't know for sure, and I doubt we ever will given the political football this quickly morphed into, but I'll give you an explanation that I believe to be true that answers the question. There is two parts to the answer...

1. There was this idea that testing would ID folks and allow for quarantene and prevent the spread...soooooo. Companies in this biz hopped to it and started work on producing a quick and easy test for the virus. Shortly thereafter, it became obvious to anyone with an ounce of brains in their noggins that covid would be one of, if not the top weapon used to take Trump down. Just after the impeachment fiasco, it was a given that Trump would be reelected, but this could be used to take him down. The swamp creature, hybrid politicians heading up the CDC and FDA would not be looking too closely into and scrutinizing harshly the production of a test that was highly sensitive to any corona virus...ie, the test needed to be highly sensitive in detecting the presence of a coronavirus and it did not necessarily need to be highly specific in detecting only the coronavirus that is killing people. A highly sensitive, low specificity test would detect nearly all the scary coronavirus infections...and the fact that it would also detect many if not all other coronavirus including those that have been causing sniffles, mild fevers, and common colds for decades...well, that was a bonus that no one in the swamp was going to be concerned with. The fact that it would be far easier to produce a test that detects all coronaviruses vs one that was highly sensitive AND highly specific for the nasty china virus explains how multiple companies could create, produce, and churn so many tests out in a stupidly-short amount of time. Until I see data showing that these tests are highly specific...meaning that there is a proper study done where every positive test from a sufficient, significant sample size is then compared to microscopic positive china virus identification by pathologists in a lab...you will not convince me otherwise. These types of studies should be underway, and the information should be publicly available...sadly, even then, I'm finding it hard to trust anyone anymore regarding such data and info.

I'm not as certain about the second part of the answer, but here it is. I believe the Chineese lab worker who has consistently said that this was an engineered virus from the Wuhan lab she worked in, and it was being engineered as a bio weapon. Why not believe her? She is out of China, so why would she continue to say something that is false when doing so only increases the pressure on China to have someone track her down and make her disappear. Add to that all the Chineese docs that dies or disappeared shortly after this mess started...where there is smoke there is fire. The fact that this smoke is rising from a communist regiem that has never tried to hide the fact that they are on a mission to take over and control every aspect of everything on this planet, why would we not believe what these whistleblowing Chineese doctors and scientists were and are saying? While we have a tremendous understanding of human genetics now compared to a mere decade ago, we certainly do not understand it well enough to be able to rapidly figure out exactly how a virus, engineered by some brilliant, evil bastard in China, is specifically attacking and killing people at the DNA level....it would be like looking for a microscopic needle in a haystack the size of a continent. It would take a concerted and honest effort by a ton of really smart folks breaking down and comparing the entire genetic make ups of enough people who actually had and died from the true chinavirus coronavirus to start to come close to figuring out what shared genetic vunerability those hundreds or thousands of people shared....and did not share with people who actually had the true coronavirus and recovered. So in summary...its killing people with a certain genetic vulnerability...and we don't know what that vulnerability is. I say this because I know for certain that there are people, even older, fat, out of shape people with several comorbidities, that have been infected with the true chinavirus and recovered well and relatively easily. On the flipside, I know for a fact that there have been very healthy young people with no comorbidities that have been hammered quickly by the true china virus and have died. Add to that multiple, multiple situations where the virus has wiped an entire family...and it makes me believe that it is a bio-warfare virus that we don't have the (our government) the will or balls to try to adequately understand.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    those arent diseases.
    Obesity might be a condition and not a disease, but lets not split hairs with semantics; it is acutally the most concerning condition I face and deal with when prescribing and administering an anesthetic outside of the ultra-rare stuff such as pheochromocytoma, spinal trauma and paralysis, dicy coagulation disorders, known predisposition for/previous malignant hyperthermia event, etc. For everyday elective cases...obesity is what puckers my sphincter the most.

As far as Aspergers, hell ADHD for that matter also, seeing as we do not know what specifically causes the neurological dysfunctional changes but have theorized and highly suspect that it is a result of yet unknown genetic factors and can possibly be caused by viral infections...I'd say that claiming this person was "perfectly healthy" is straight BS misinformation....especially since this is likely a virus that was engineered in a lab for Biowarfare.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

We just need to keep strapping moist panties to our faces. Viruses can’t survive in moist panties.

I get to listen in by default to a bunch of Zoom meetings every week. WWD's post is not some wild rant.

Behind the scenes, the reality is that Covid is a Chinese BioTerror attack on the world. The CDC ( and our Government) knows this and have no plan on how to control what is a mutating virus designed to shut down the US and much of the planet.

Our enemies have beaten us with a virus. The next generation of this bug is the one that may truly kill millions. Potentially many millions.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 01-18-2021 at 06:30 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

It is reality that the Chinese need our natural resources to feed their people. They cannot sustain themselves with food grown within their borders and don't plan to buy products they need on the open market. They plan to take it..

Our next President is going to help them.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.