Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Trail cameras

Default Cell Trail cameras

Which ones should I get?

Cost is not really a big deal Im only buying two.

Don’t get a spy point.

I think there was just a thread on this last week or so...

Spartan Trail Cameras.

They kill the deer for you so you don’t have to be there.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Tactacam!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Spy point worked like a charm for the first 5 months then bam all of the sudden not sending a single picture. The cell signal and everything is reading out fine on the app, I've even reset the thing now its a paperweight

SPYPOINT SUCKS. Customer service worse than the crappy product.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Tactacam!
    X2

Been running Spartan cameras year round for a few years now. I’m very pleased.

My moultrie works really well when it is working. The problem is that every few days it will quit sending pictures. I cut it off and cut it back on and it will work for a few more days. Not a huge problem bc i live close. If i had it a long way off i would be pissed. The app is really good and the pictures have good quailty. Much better than the spy point my cousin has. It also eats batteries. I bought the 12 volt external battery and that has helped.

I have a few people at work that have the Covert lte. They are expensive but i have never heard them say a bad thing about them. They brag on them.
    Last edited by Rem11-87; 12-30-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Well the SpyPoints at least did better than the Muddy someone gave me for Christmas. Sent me my setup test picture and that fucker hasn’t sent me one since.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    X2
    x3
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

I've got 6 spypoints. The link evos work great. Anything cheaper is trash. I've got a tactacam and a stealth cam fusion. The stealth cam is my favorite. Over the air updates, all photos transfer at one time, 26mp images. Tactacam is good so far but damn going through the pics and deleting them is painful.

I will say the last few times I've dealt with spypoint customer service has been good. They have logged onto my account and fixed issues for me
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Tactacam close thread.....

We use CovertWireless. My company ownes 30 or so. Little problems out of them if great customer service if you do.

I have owned most. In my opinion right now there are two worth buying.
    Low budget- Tactacam reveal (you want find them right now. They have a new camera coming out early summer. It will be called the tactacam Reveal x, supposedly) $100-125 (current camera)

Step up- Spartan Game Cameras-In my opinion they are the best on the market but are more expensive. More money gets you more features. $300-450 depending on model
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-30-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Spartan if money isn’t a huge concern. They are extremely reliable.

Have you taticam users checked the internal SD card in your cameras? Every member in my NC club bought 2 and we have them hooked to our respective accounts. We pulled all the cameras and checked the cards on a laptop this week. We were only averaging about 40% of the pics actually being sent. Good camera for the money, and the app is easy to use. But across 20+ cameras no one was getting better than 50% of their pics. All on the unlimited plan. All set up correct. All good signal. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Spartan if money isn’t a huge concern. They are extremely reliable.

Have you taticam users checked the internal SD card in your cameras? Every member in my NC club bought 2 and we have them hooked to our respective accounts. We pulled all the cameras and checked the cards on a laptop this week. We were only averaging about 40% of the pics actually being sent. Good camera for the money, and the app is easy to use. But across 20+ cameras no one was getting better than 50% of their pics. All on the unlimited plan. All set up correct. All good signal. Etc.
    First I have heard of this. I will have to look into it. I have multiples.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    First I have heard of this. I will have to look into it. I have multiples.
    I have 5. And there was no pattern to when they weren’t sending. Sometimes they would not send pics while deer were there for 30min. Then sometimes it would send 4 when it should have sent 20. A buddy said his were doing the same when he pulled them out last week. That’s the only reason we even checked ours.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    I have 5. And there was no pattern to when they weren’t sending. Sometimes they would not send pics while deer were there for 30min. Then sometimes it would send 4 when it should have sent 20. A buddy said his were doing the same when he pulled them out last week. That’s the only reason we even checked ours.
    Did you update the firmware yet? They had a firmware update right after the cameras released.