Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today’s report

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Well now, there in lies the problem. I'm still not able to buy shells in this state currently. I'm jumping through the hoops now but nothing has been approved yet. Not that it really matters. You can't get any steel shot out here right now anyway. We don't have the ability to mail order ammo in this state so you're stuck with whatever the brick and mortar stores have on the shelves which is absolutely nothing. I just read where Pacific Flyways Outfitters has about 100 cases that they've been able to source to try and get them through the season. Once they are gone there will be no more. They have said that their suppliers don't have anything available and supposedly the manufacturers aren't producing anymore for now. I have about 3 cases right now to last my son, my wife, and myself through the rest of this season.

If I can get out of the COVID restrictions that my base currently has me on I'll be making a trip before next season to somewhere back East and will stock up on cases. I'd love to get as far as back over to Rogers Sporting Goods and just pick it up myself. Right now the only thing on my radar is a fishing tournament back on Sam Rayburn this summer. I know Able Ammo is down there as I've ordered from them before. I would just have to be hopeful that their steel shot supplies are in by the summer.
    Has the NRA not sued CA over that crap?
    cut\'em

Very nice RK!

All those good eating birds gonna go bad if you don’t separate them from that smilin’ gal! Good work! Miss hunting west where migration actually happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now, there in lies the problem. I'm still not able to buy shells in this state currently. I'm jumping through the hoops now but nothing has been approved yet. Not that it really matters. You can't get any steel shot out here right now anyway. We don't have the ability to mail order ammo in this state so you're stuck with whatever the brick and mortar stores have on the shelves which is absolutely nothing. I just read where Pacific Flyways Outfitters has about 100 cases that they've been able to source to try and get them through the season. Once they are gone there will be no more. They have said that their suppliers don't have anything available and supposedly the manufacturers aren't producing anymore for now. I have about 3 cases right now to last my son, my wife, and myself through the rest of this season.

If I can get out of the COVID restrictions that my base currently has me on I'll be making a trip before next season to somewhere back East and will stock up on cases. I'd love to get as far as back over to Rogers Sporting Goods and just pick it up myself. Right now the only thing on my radar is a fishing tournament back on Sam Rayburn this summer. I know Able Ammo is down there as I've ordered from them before. I would just have to be hopeful that their steel shot supplies are in by the summer.
    Thats crazy.

So you couldn't even buy shells if a brick and mortar store had them without a permit?

Can we ship you shells?

So the deal out here is that you have to have a California drivers license to have the background check done. That check has to be completed prior to purchasing ammo each time. If you’ve purchased a gun here in the last five years and the address on the paperwork matches your drivers license then the background check costs a dollar and is good for 18hrs after the background check goes through. If you haven’t purchased a firearm in the last five years and you have a California drivers license then the background check costs $18 and is good for 14 days.

I don’t have a California drivers license but I did purchase a gun about three years ago. I have ONE store that has figured out how to get me around the CA drivers license requirement due to the fact that I’m military stationed here on orders. However, the address on my gun purchasing paperwork doesn’t match where I currently live. I’ve done everything to correct that but it hasn’t taken effect yet. Who knows how long before it actually goes through.

Jr is flying here on Monday and can bring a whopping 11lbs with him on the plane. My wife is headed to go ice fishing in Minnesota on the 12th with her ladies group and will be able to bring another 11lbs back with her. I’m hoping that will get us through the end of the season.

We just hit Sportsman’s Warehouse today to get my wife her hunting license since she’s going with me in the morning. All they had in the shelf in 3” 12ga was Migra, Heavy Steel, and Bismuth. I’m not paying for that stuff since the cheapest option was $29.99 a box!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Best of luck on ammo deal. I know you are doing everything you can to stay legal, and it is impressive. Keep on chopping and keep up the great pics.

So could you ride to Oregon or Reno, but what you want and come back to CA without fear of the gestapo coming for you?
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    So could you ride to Oregon or Reno, but what you want and come back to CA without fear of the gestapo coming for you?
    Not legally. I know that if you leave the state to hunt somewhere else that you’re allowed to come back with up to a box of ammo for the caliber of weapon that you took to hunt with. You’re not allowed to come into the state with any more than that though. I’m not sure how they expect hunting guides to entertain out of state hunters. Legally those out of state hunters can’t bring ammo with them and they can’t buy it once they get here. It’s also not legal for someone else to buy it for you once you get here. Obviously I know there are always to circumvent the laws and I’m sure it happens everyday. It’s just sad that it’s come to this point.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Not legally. I know that if you leave the state to hunt somewhere else that you’re allowed to come back with up to a box of ammo for the caliber of weapon that you took to hunt with. You’re not allowed to come into the state with any more than that though. I’m not sure how they expect hunting guides to entertain out of state hunters. Legally those out of state hunters can’t bring ammo with them and they can’t buy it once they get here. It’s also not legal for someone else to buy it for you once you get here. Obviously I know there are always to circumvent the laws and I’m sure it happens everyday. It’s just sad that it’s come to this point.
    Looks like you can go to Reno and stock up all you want as long as you maintain your residency in SC. The military but may mess you up a little
    https://www.calwaterfowl.org/navigat...-check-system/
    cut\'em