Thread: Spectrum Mobile

Default Spectrum Mobile

Good the bad and the ugly. Someone grab the mike and testify to their experience. The price is attractive, but my house internet from them is shit half the time. I honestly wouldn’t have them if there were other options. Can I expect more from them as a cell service provider?

Do some searching. This subject has been discussed at length. I used to sell it. Left Spectrum Business a few months ago.

Who's your current provider? Spectrum mobile uses Verizons towers. They didn't build their own cellular network, they just teamed up with one of the big ones already established. If you're already on Verizon it's a super easy switch. Assuming you want to keep your existing phone, they just send you a new sim card. Power down the phone, pop it in, call the activation line and you're done in 10 mins or so. If you want a new phone, they'll sell you one, that's even easier.

If you're not a big data user you can save a lot by using the "by the gig plan", with 1 gig of data at $15/ month. All plans offer unlimited calling/ texting, the whammy factor is how much data you consume. When you're at home you should be on the land based internet's wifi, so you're not using "cellular data".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-30-2020 at 09:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The best deal is to just get 4 lines on Verizon or AT&T. Once you get to 4, the pricing is just as good than other carriers. You can get an unlimited line for $35/month with Verizon. Plus, they still have great deals on new phones and they "finance" them, so to me it's a better deal than going to Straight talk, Spectrum, etc.
    Last edited by Remy; 12-30-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Have had Spectrum mobile for the last half of this year. As WW stated above, they use the Verizon network. 2 phones, one with unlimited data the other with 2GB/mo. for $59/mo. No complaints.

I have spectrum mobile. It works as well as VZW. As Remy says...it's only a price break for 3 lines or less. As far as your home internet, I've had many of many problems with them. Finally had someone who knew what they were doing come out two weeks ago actually and solved the problem. Basically there was something wrong with my all in one router/modem. So many problems with those they don't even given them out any more. If you have an all in one, ask them for a two unit system.

Switched a couple months ago...same Verizon service I've had for years for less than half the cost.

Looks like the unlimited is 20 gigs. What happens after 20? Do the charge by the gig?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Looks like the unlimited is 20 gigs. What happens after 20? Do the charge by the gig?
    Believe it just slows down like all the other carriers

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Biggie got it right. They don't stop at 20 gig, that's just threshold where they throttle you back and you'll see reduced speeds.

Unless you're just streaming entire movies while you're on the cellular network, you'd like have to try really really hard to pull 20 gig on a month.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    If you have an all in one, ask them for a two unit system.
    For anyone still using the wifi beaming out of their provider's modem and regularly have wifi issues they really should go mesh and be done. I took the plunge on a 3 puck eero mesh system for ~$175 and am still kicking myself in the butt for not doing it years ago.

I now get seamless coverage throughout my 4400 sq ft house as well as out in the yard. Can't beat it with a stick. Money well spent far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by willyworm; 12-30-2020 at 12:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A little off topic but has anybody been having problems with Verizon service recently? My service has significantly dropped strength over the last couple months. At my office I used to have 4 bars and now I have 2. Sometimes it will go from 4 bars to zero bars and I have to restart my phone to find the signal again. Not just at my office either, it's all over the state.

No change here. Sounds like an interference issue or your device.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]