Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad boy buggy that wont run

Default Bad boy buggy that wont run

Long story short we have a bad boy buggy at the farm and it wont run, batteries are fairly new, one motor was replaced 3 years ago, its pretty much nothing but trouble and Im not messing with it. What kind of value should we put on it? Anybody ever dealt with selling one that's not running?

I had a 2017 Recoil IS.

I bought it used from a fella in Mt. P. When I went to look at it the wheel bearings were shot. I told him I'd pass... He kept knocking off money until I said yes. I should've known at that point. He even paid to have everything wrong with it fixed. I kept it a few months before I sold it running but needing work for $5000 and replaced it with a Honda Pioneer.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Long story short we have a bad boy buggy at the farm and it wont run, batteries are fairly new, one motor was replaced 3 years ago, its pretty much nothing but trouble and Im not messing with it. What kind of value should we put on it? Anybody ever dealt with selling one that's not running?
    won't run as no power or won't run as may be the rocker switch? My dad has one and the rocker switch is going bad. Runs sometimes and doesn't others but so far enough flips of the switch it will eventually get contact and run. This is a known problem.

I don'tm know if you can give one them damn things away anymore.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I don't know if you can give one them damn things away anymore.
    That's what Im finding out quickly, I damn sure wouldn't post it for sale here because I don't want to hear about it after its gone.......

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    won't run as no power or won't run as may be the rocker switch? My dad has one and the rocker switch is going bad. Runs sometimes and doesn't others but so far enough flips of the switch it will eventually get contact and run. This is a known problem.
    I don't know, the motor for the back was replaced recently and now it wont move and we aren't going to keep throwing money at it.

Mark me in the, “if you need to get it out of the way, I like to tinker on things” category, but it would literally have to be someone giving me one to consider. I know three people with BBB’s all three are sitting inop at this exact moment.

What year is it? My dad may want it for parts if nothing else. His has been abused for many years and was replaced as primary hunting vehicle with a prowler a few years ago but the BBB still gets used weekly.

Do you get power to the battery indicator? If so, when you flip the toggle to forward or reverse do you hear a click under the seat? If you dont hear the click it is a bad switch or bad solenoid (both are troublesome in those machines). If you dont get a click try jumping the solenoid by putting a screw driver or other conductor from the positive to negative side to see if you can get power to the motor.

I'll take it off your hands for free and promise not to talk about it on here later on.

100.00 pending picture.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Y’all got me worried. My neighbor is fixing up a newer Recoil for me. Making me second guess myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Y’all got me worried. My neighbor is fixing up a newer Recoil for me. Making me second guess myself.

I read on the innerweb somewhere that anyone that buys a Bad Boy Buggy gets exactly what they deserve. I take care of my shit so I figured it wouldn't apply to me.

It did.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

If the batteries was replaced within the year, you might get 1250-2000 for it. A simple cable corroded will keep it. Take cables off batteries and check each battery with a meter. Bet you got a dead cell in a battery

Id snatch the hand off the first man that offered me its worth in scrap metal. They are tremendous piles of shit. That said a boy in my hunting club bought one for like 2500 running this past year. It sounds like a bag of shit but it runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Id snatch the hand off the first man that offered me its worth in scrap metal. They are tremendous piles of shit. That said a boy in my hunting club bought one for like 2500 running this past year. It sounds like a bag of shit but it runs.
    Looks like I’m gonna pass on this one then

They are terrible to keep running, as soon as you fix one problem 5 more pop up. Its a continuous cycle of parts, labor, and insanity

I'll give you $1,500.

That being said I got a guy that works on them. Not exaggerating, I've never heard anything good about them
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

They look cool though, so that's gotta count for something, right?

Kinda like the aggressive mid tires on a tooted truck. They may look cool, but serve provide utility for 99% of its users.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

turbo will be along shorty to set you straight....

there is a guy in columbia that works on them. fwiw. the old owner, I believe?
    RT carts or something like that.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Meh.

If it isn't currently running, get what you can get for it. Or, fix it.

Call RT Gear in Columbia and ask for George. If he ain't still working there, ask them for his contact info. Tell Katie that some really tall ugly joker from Blythewood says hey.

The reason people hate them is because they use them in a way that they were never intended to be used and, for the most part, haven't a clue how to troubleshoot a legitimate electrical issue. The old BBB commercials that had them running through creeks over the tires gave dealers more heartburn than it did sales, that I can assure you.

BBB made some good'erns. They made some bad ones.

The Recoils I've seen have been really nice and reliable.

Ruff and Tuff had it made with their 2wd stuff. Their 4wd drive stuff was junk unless you worked for them and had free parts and experience.

There are a few more, but I'd stay away from them.

Does that cover it, 2fer?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!