Thread: Why I hate shippers...

Default Why I hate shippers...

In an order to change/up my kayak fishing (and maybe hunting) game, I sold my piroque and Native Watercraft kayaks earlier in the year and ordered a brand new 'yak. Vibe Sea Ghost 130, green camo - and was shocked that it shipped out pretty quick. Got the updates from UPS that it had shipped, then calls that it had transferred to a local shipping company. They called to make sure I'd be home when it got here.

So, I was. And they delivered it. Right into my open garage. And NEVER rang the bell or called. Nothing. Just dropped it off and left.

I got out the door and see it there. Get all giddy. New boat. Wife and I take it out and put the wrapped package up on saw bucks. I start to unwrap from the bow. And then, this is revealed:

20201229_141414.jpg

Really? I called the shipper, they put me off and told me to call Vibe. I did. Vibe has been supportive and it's getting worked out. But I am beyond pissed that they (the shipper) (a) insisted I be home, and then (b) stealth dropped it off. If I'd seen them, due to past experiences, I would have checked it before they left and not signed for it.

Just damn. Vibe will be sending another one I think and getting the shipper to come pick this one back up.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I read ‘strippers’, and clicked expecting a good story involving penicillin and bond court. Disappointed.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I read ‘strippers’, and clicked expecting a good story involving penicillin and bond court. Disappointed.
    Same- I thought a good story was forthcoming!! Sorry for the headache with the boat

We wanted a claw foot tub when we built. 1st one had a giant pallet fork scar across the side. The driver tried his best to get us to let it hit the dirt. No thanks. Shipper sent another and guess what? More forklift damage. No thanks again and he leaves all mad. Got our money back and ordered from another seller, hassle free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I'll take it
    thanks
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've never been in one, but I pegged a Native Ultimate to be the perfect combo of pirogue and kayak.

Get in touch with Calibogue, he runs a jam-up paddlecraft transportation service and would be happy to help!

A heat gun and some pushing will pop that right out.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    A heat gun and some pushing will pop that right out.
    That's what I was thinking. Sometimes the hard way is the easy way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Sometimes the hard way is the easy way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Croaker sac and boiling water.

Yeller onion

Uninflated basketball wedge in there, inflate basketball, ask for discount for hassle and blemished yak.
    Low country redneck who moved north