Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Pit Leases

Default Daily Pit Leases

Let me be the first to say I am an amateur duck hunter but my cousin is experienced and makes several out of state trips a year and definitely knows what he is doing. We were talking today about possibly taking our two boys for a long weekend somewhere. Is there any place worth going to within say 8-10 hours that does daily leases or will the hunting be average at best? My son won’t know any different but to have a successful hunt would be a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go with Jamie at Reelfoot. Really nice blinds and great hunting pretty often. And you don't have to out of shoot out of a pitblind...

http://blackjackpocket.com

Bootheel of Missouri is only about 10 or so hours from you. Just got back from going with Marshall Pearson - https://treasureislandducks.com/. Third year in a row going with those guys, always a good time.

He does daily pit leases that are decoyed, but the guided isn't expensive either.

Stay at the Elk chute lodge - Incredible place - https://www.elkchutelodge.com/ - Also inexpensive for what it is.

Daily pit leases, by and large, are absolute wastes of time and money. Listen to Johnny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Any kind of lease can be a crap shoot, not just daily. If the weather sucks they all suck.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I'd listen to J.. but that's me. being stuck in the middle of one of those things with a gaggle of really anybodies is the stuff of nightmares.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 12-28-2020 at 08:02 AM.

You’d be lucky as hell to get a opening with Jamie right now but you can try. As far Az pit blinds you don’t have to share them with strangers especially if you go during the week.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 12-28-2020 at 08:03 AM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Chad Loyd with Arkansas County Guide Service has been good to us in the past.

Tallahatchie hunts in miss. Catfish looked out for me and my buddies on a disaster trip with a guide out there. Top notch place that holds ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Daily pit leases, by and large, are absolute wastes of time and money. Listen to Johnny.
    I figured

My good friend Andy Salmon with Missouri Mallards in the bootheel of Missouri has a handful of daily pits available for lease. Give him a shout at 731-225-5036. You'd probably be better off paying for a guided hunt over a daily lease but I doubt there'd be any openings this late in the game for this season.

The Elk Chute Lodge is nice but Stuart has gotten mighty proud of the joint and it’s gotten pretty expensive. A good friend also operates Bootheel Lodging nearby and it’s about half the price or you could stay in a meth hotel in Kennet on the cheap cheap. The Wal Mart in town is great for people watching. PM me and if you want any info, I was in on a lease out there for years before becoming a father two years ago.
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 12-28-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Pirate of Reelfoot

Imagine standing on the center arc on skeet, with a ten foot stretch to shoot with a couple children next to you that were gifted cymbals for Christmas.

And when someone screws the pooch, being inside the pinball machine with steel #2's swarming...

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    My good friend Andy Salmon with Missouri Mallards in the bootheel of Missouri has a handful of daily pits available for lease. Give him a shout at 731-225-5036. You'd probably be better off paying for a guided hunt over a daily lease but I doubt there'd be any openings this late in the game for this season.

The Elk Chute Lodge is nice but Stuart has gotten mighty proud of the joint and it’s gotten pretty expensive. A good friend also operates Bootheel Lodging nearby and it’s about half the price or you could stay in a meth hotel in Kennet on the cheap cheap. The Wal Mart in town is great for people watching. PM me and if you want any info, I was in on a lease out there for years before becoming a father two years ago.
    I met a couple of the Missouri mallards guys when we were staying at Elk Chute last week, nice guys for sure.

Elk Chute isnt bad though, 75$ per person for a comfy bed with your own bathroom and a huge lodge with a pool table and a commercial kitchen doesn't seem too bad to me.

Your right, that Walmart is insane, Ive only been there 3 times and I've seen 2 fights and a car fire.

I am in Kennett right now. Hold off on coming here. It is spotty.

ducks or people watching in walmart?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    I am in Kennett right now. Hold off on coming here. It is spotty.
    We were thinking Jan 14

Went to Reelfoot two years ago and hunted with Billy out of Cypress Point Resort. We were there two days and never fired the gun. I saw a decent number of birds up high but nothing wanted anything to do with coming into our spread of 1000 decoys with no less than a dozen spinning wing decoys going. We had fantastic weather with overcast skies, periodic light rain, good strong winds, and plenty of cold. It was icing on the back waters and it still didn't make anything better. Not sure I'd go back there even though I know it's historically awesome hunting. However, I'm also that guy that made one trip to Arkansas to hunt mallards in the timber, hated it, and will never go back so take my opinion how you will. I'd rather go sit in a marsh somewhere and watch a beautiful sunrise than do those kinds of hunts again!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ducks or people watching in walmart?
    That Walmart has no off days