Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Landowner and Dog Hunter Encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Only reason I responded to this thread was to explain again just how much better dog hunting is and can be with the tools that we have to use.
    Dog hunting has came a long way. Not just for dog hunters but for still hunters and property owners that don't care for either style of hunting.

Dogs are next topic. As dog owners we are responsible for the safety of them to the best of our ability.
    Having dogs on other properties not knowing what traps, open wells, fences etc... all can cause injury that can possibly be avoided.

Hunters are their own enemy
    Communication is the next problem.
    From hunters to hunters, from hunters to non hunters,
    I have mentioned on here before as well about communicating with neighboring land owners and NOT 1 of our properties that we dog hunt do we have any issues.

With that being said try to understand and compromise with fellow hunters to keep the sport alive whether you dog hunt or still hunt.

I understand most dog hunters don't want to accept they are in the wrong with their dogs scattered all over the place. Tools are making things better for both and just like everything else in america some people catch on better/faster than others.

Still hunters are also in wrong in some cases and need to accept and admit when they are in wrong. we all still like the sport of hunting so please try and reason with fellow hunters.
    In 1995 we had to deal with dogs on our property almost every Saturday and Sunday. In 2020 we have had to deal with dogs on our property almost every Saturday and Sunday. I’m sure these collars are amazing, but it’s the same old song.

Have you ever really taken the time to step back and think about what a non dog hunter thinks? Do you have the capacity to think about that?

Imagine your hunting land being next to an elephant farm, and you don’t care for elephants. On every Sat and Sun, along with all week during Thanksgiving and Christmas break, Elephants and Elephant trainers stampeded through your property. How would you feel about that?

Never mind that the goal of these dog hunters is to chase the deer from my property, so they can be shot on their property. How would that sit with you, porkchop? So, I manage my deer herd, so that you can turn your dogs loose on my property line, chase the deer out, shoot the deer I’ve passed, and spend all day Sunday throwing cigarette butts on my property.

I completely respect the tradition of hunting with hounds in the south. I think it CAN BE cool. But, to expect me to respect your rights when you don’t respect mine is foolhardy.

Have PBiz come show you how to do it right. They’ve acknowledged the problem, and fixed it.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

You must be a doctor or a lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    You must be a doctor or a lawyer?
    No sir. A lowly insurance pusher.

I love a correctly executed dog drive. What I can’t get with is how someone infringes in another property owner’s enjoyment, and can’t understand why that property owner gets upset.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    In 1995 we had to deal with dogs on our property almost every Saturday and Sunday. In 2020 we have had to deal with dogs on our property almost every Saturday and Sunday. I’m sure these collars are amazing, but it’s the same old song.

Have you ever really taken the time to step back and think about what a non dog hunter thinks? Do you have the capacity to think about that?

Imagine your hunting land being next to an elephant farm, and you don’t care for elephants. On every Sat and Sun, along with all week during Thanksgiving and Christmas break, Elephants and Elephant trainers stampeded through your property. How would you feel about that?

Never mind that the goal of these dog hunters is to chase the deer from my property, so they can be shot on their property. How would that sit with you, porkchop? So, I manage my deer herd, so that you can turn your dogs loose on my property line, chase the deer out, shoot the deer I’ve passed, and spend all day Sunday throwing cigarette butts on my property.

I completely respect the tradition of hunting with hounds in the south. I think it CAN BE cool. But, to expect me to respect your rights when you don’t respect mine is foolhardy.

Have PBiz come show you how to do it right. They’ve acknowledged the problem, and fixed it.
    Not that I am arguing with you..but how do you know Porkchop doesn’t hunt the same way I do it or Pbiz does it? Seems awfully judgemental of you to assume otherwise as well as insult his intelligence by asking if he has the “capacity” to think about something the way you do. Don’t know you from most others on here but I do know that I don’t own a deer herd like you do. Now, having said that I am president of a dog club that limits dog owners to 5 packs, all of which are collar conditioned and we don’t have problems with neighbors because of this fact. I also run a still hunting club and still hunt my land and I constantly have problems with the rogues beside me that do nothing right. I am the first one to call the warden and prosecute them because they give dog hunters as a whole a bad name. With that being said, I don’t cast judgment on everyone that dog hunts as hillbilly rednecks that don’t have the capacity to think for themselves and I certainly don’t do it for “my deer herd” because I don’t own them. I have just as big of an issue with the jerk that owns 3.5 acres beside me and shoot every small buck that I pass up and makes the mistake of stepping across the property line than I do for the rogues that turn their dogs loose on my side and stand on the other side to shoot them when they run out. Their are pieces of shit on both sides.

No sir. A lowly insurance pusher.

I love a correctly executed dog drive. What I can’t get with is how someone infringes in another property owner’s enjoyment, and can’t understand why that property owner gets upset.
    I know. I just think the excuses, such as blaming it on all the doctors or lawyers buying up the land is silly.

Own your problems.
    Last edited by Ghetto; 12-27-2020 at 09:06 PM.

I just wish some of y’all would come collect this crowd that’s taken up residence in Santee and carry them back to Bowman and Davis station.........

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    Not that I am arguing with you..but how do you know Porkchop doesn’t hunt the same way I do it or Pbiz does it? Seems awfully judgemental of you to assume otherwise as well as insult his intelligence by asking if he has the “capacity” to think about something the way you do. Don’t know you from most others on here but I do know that I don’t own a deer herd like you do. Now, having said that I am president of a dog club that limits dog owners to 5 packs, all of which are collar conditioned and we don’t have problems with neighbors because of this fact. I also run a still hunting club and still hunt my land and I constantly have problems with the rogues beside me that do nothing right. I am the first one to call the warden and prosecute them because they give dog hunters as a whole a bad name. With that being said, I don’t cast judgment on everyone that dog hunts as hillbilly rednecks that don’t have the capacity to think for themselves and I certainly don’t do it for “my deer herd” because I don’t own them. I have just as big of an issue with the jerk that owns 3.5 acres beside me and shoot every small buck that I pass up and makes the mistake of stepping across the property line than I do for the rogues that turn their dogs loose on my side and stand on the other side to shoot them when they run out. Their are pieces of shit on both sides.
    Let me see if I can properly unpack this. It was probably not fair to take a shot at porkchop in questioning his mental capacity. That was unfair, and I was wrong there. As far as I am Concerned, one neighbor’s dog screwing up one hunt is too many. I certainly don’t own a deer herd, but I do feel like it is fair to attempt to manage the bucks on my property. When they leave that property, I have zero control. Releasing dogs, knowing that they will run on my property, and shooting the deer that come off of my property, is not OK. I don’t own any deer, but I own property, and the rights/privileges that come with that ownership.

I feel like there are annual threads regarding dog hunting on this site. I feel like each year we end up in the same place. If dog hunting is so precious to some of you, do it right, and police people that don’t. It is not ok for your dog to run loose on my property, nor is it ok for you to spend your Sunday riding around my property gathering them.

If your right to bear arms is so precious, add increased preventative measures for people getting them, where someone doesn’t shoot a school up..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    If your right to bear arms is so precious, add increased preventative measures for people getting them, where someone doesn’t shoot a school up..
    I hope you really don't believe that would prevent that from happening.

There is a decent amount on here that I can agree with. I enjoy the dogs running. I enjoyed it more when the guys around "our little piece" would let us know so we could plan accordingly. For some time that didn't seem to happen or always happen. I also agree with Bog's statements.

nor is it ok for you to spend your Sunday riding around my property gathering them.
    That is the part that would allow me to happily push a button and ban dog hunting forever.

I gave up on Saturdays. Just forget a family weekend hunt, or a kid's weekend. Not gonna happen. So, let's try to sneak in a Sunday hunt. Nope. Here they come again. Only instead of barking dogs everywhere, it's yahoos hollering, honking horns, shooting in the air. Ruining that day's hunt too. Infuriating...

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I just wish some of y’all would come collect this crowd that’s taken up residence in Santee and carry them back to Bowman and Davis station.........
    Good riddance. Y’all can keep them!
    Keep the pressure on them. They ain’t quitting, but they will move on down the road. If it’s the crowd from DS that I’m thinking of, they’re a collection of rogues that have been run out of other clubs.
    Last edited by thunderchicken; 12-27-2020 at 10:43 PM.

The ones who know, know. Most enjoyable dog hunting in my lifetime the last few years. Keep them on your property, and let the good times roll. Times have changed.

You obviously didn't read my first post or second post slow enough to realize what I actually typed.

You read through the pages to respond not to understand.
    I understand you are dealing with the type dog hunters that give us all a bad rap.

I am going to clarify few key points that are extremely important.

1 dogs have zero reason to be on property I don't have permission to hunt.
    2 the technology that has came out should be starting to make a huge difference with hunters having control of dogs. ( Some people learn and catch on quicker than others)
    3Collars and system are amazing ( but are only as good as the person operating system). With MINIMAL training deer,rabbit,raccoon,bird,fox dogs can be trained to respond to audible tone and return to handler when needed.
    4 if dog hunters are turning dogs out on 1 side of your property and standing other side to kill what is on your land at present time and you haven't called game warden then you are too blame for this still happening.

if you have never been on a dog hunt with collar broke dogs you should visit with them. It is something you have to see to believe.
    (By collar broke I mean can stop dogs and keep them on property at ALL times)

What dog club are you in, pork?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    What dog club are you in, pork?
    I tried to pm you but your box is full