Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for silent deer feeder

Find an off the shelf auger and the rest shouldn't be to hard. The pic shows a shitty looking augur I guess they make. Timer is same Academy sells, motor appears to be some type of windshield wiper motor. Rest could be fabbed up rather easily.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    They run $285ish for feeder unit. Someone needs to build one and sell them here
    The Douglas does?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Find an off the shelf auger and the rest shouldn't be to hard. The pic shows a shitty looking augur I guess they make. Timer is same Academy sells, motor appears to be some type of windshield wiper motor. Rest could be fabbed up rather easily.

I probably couldn't rig that up If my life depended on it P plus the kids would have my parts strong all over the house

BBQ grill motor and auger may be the ticket

The auger is the key. Theirs appears to be hand made and crudely at that. The rest is off the shelf. Anyone know of such a small metal lightweight auger?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    The auger is the key. Theirs appears to be hand made and crudely at that. The rest is off the shelf. Anyone know of such a small metal lightweight auger?
    Find a old fridge with a water/ ice dispenser in door and you’ll find a auger. Find a piece of PVC pipe close to size of auger , so corn will not bind on auger flights .

I've used 16" blue pipe and cut it about 4' tall. Using 4 L bracket (4"x4") bolted it to a heavy framed small table leaving about an inch from the bottom of the pipe and the table. As the eat off the table, corn slowly gravity drains back on the table. Only took a month for the deer to start using it. Put a bucket over the top and bungied it to the bottom of the pipe. Anchored down the table with trailer tie downs and buried the legs about 2'. Hogs and bear surprisingly didn't knock it over. Getting run over by a skidder finished it off. Cost maybe $25.
    I think they use something similar at Salty's clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    I've used 16" blue pipe and cut it about 4' tall. Using 4 L bracket (4"x4") bolted it to a heavy framed small table leaving about an inch from the bottom of the pipe and the table. As the eat off the table, corn slowly gravity drains back on the table. Only took a month for the deer to start using it. Put a bucket over the top and bungied it to the bottom of the pipe. Anchored down the table with trailer tie downs and buried the legs about 2'. Hogs and bear surprisingly didn't knock it over. Getting run over by a skidder finished it off. Cost maybe $25.
    I think they use something similar at Salty's clubs.
    Thats a variation of the Clemson deer feeder- PVC pipe screwed to plywood with some L brackets

Clover...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

pile
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.