Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence named finalist for Heisman

Default Lawrence named finalist for Heisman

Saw that Trevor was named as one of the 4 finalists for Heisman, others are Mack Jones, Devonta Smit and Kyle Trask

I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor got it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-25-2020 at 12:07 PM.

If you were starting a college team and could build it around one of those 4, who would you pick?

Trevor #1

I say Trask is #2. I like his story. Kid didn’t start in high school and was behind Franks at UF. Would have been easy to get discouraged. He has proven hard work pays off.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Numbers will win the trophy and Trevor doesn’t have them because he was out with the rona. Mac Jones is the #3 QC in the group but I think he goes home with the hardware.

I don't think he will win either. It is most frustrating to have him in first place and then pulled down to 4th because he missed two games.

It sucks that Trevor is being penalized for missing 2 games but OSU is rewarded for missing 4

The same ESPN talking heads will argue both with a straight face.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 12-25-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    It sucks that Trevor is being penalized for missing 2 games but OSU is rewarded for missing 4

The same ESPN talking heads will argue both with a straight face.
    Agreed. I think Sunshine is the best team quarterback, but doesn’t get it because he missed the first ND game.

I'm thinking he gets it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TL may get it or he may not. Either way the TEAM that he plays for is strong as new rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    Numbers will win the trophy and Trevor doesn’t have them because he was out with the rona. Mac Jones is the #3 QC in the group but I think he goes home with the hardware.
    Kind of what I am afraid of and really sucks. What gets me is every “expert” you hear on TV keeps saying TL is best college player, No 1 overall pick

If ever a year where stats should be ignored this is it.

At least he had a great game against ND in ACC Championship Game, that could put the vote in his favor

Vegas thinks Devonte Smith gets it, and Vegas don’t miss many
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

And I don’t say this as a jilted Clemson fan, but the Heisman trophy has sort of lost its way. I, as a sports fan, used to love to watch the Heisman ceremony. It was a big deal. It has become such a beauty contest, and I don’t think I’ll ever really care about it again. Football is a team game, and it doesn’t do Clemson and good to leave 16 in there to throw more TD’s. I’d venture to say that Trevor or Watson could’ve easily had 10 more TD passes per year, but that doesn’t do anyone any good.

I think we saw in San Francisco what happens when you leave your starters in and don’t develop your roster.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Vegas thinks Devonte Smith gets it, and Vegas don’t miss many
    Exactly what I was thinking. He’s got the numbers and the social backing to win it this year. Think I read where the rb for Alabama was #5 on the list. First time since army in the 40s having 3 in the top 5.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. He’s got the numbers and the social backing to win it this year. Think I read where the rb for Alabama was #5 on the list. First time since army in the 40s having 3 in the top 5.
    Before the finalists were announced yesterday, it was:
    Smith
    Jones
    Harris

Championship rings > Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Championship rings > Heisman

Yep, ask D Watson

Still sucks though, not knocking Devonta Smith. He is one hell of a talent but be nice to TL pick it up
    Last edited by tprice; 12-25-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Heisman lost its meaning when they gave it to lamar jackson over deshaun watson. Clemson beat louisville and won the ACC. Yet Jackson had better numbers because while dabo pulled watson to save him, louisville left jackson in all 4 quarters to pad his numbers. Heisman voters bit on the sandbag, and espn kept up the narrative. Screw the heisman, its more popularity contest than athletic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    Heisman lost its meaning when they gave it to lamar jackson over deshaun watson. Clemson beat louisville and won the ACC. Yet Jackson had better numbers because while dabo pulled watson to save him, louisville left jackson in all 4 quarters to pad his numbers. Heisman voters bit on the sandbag, and espn kept up the narrative. Screw the heisman, its more popularity contest than athletic anymore.
    My thoughts exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Lord help.....

Here we go again.
    This puts him right up there with Tahj Boyd, Potkins, CJ, D Watson and all the others that have won it every year