Thread: Advice

Default Advice

I need a quick and dirty tutorial. I’ve got a pair of eagles on the front of the property I’d like to get a few good shots of. I have a D5100 I can use but only a 55-200 lens. 1.) Will that do it? 2.) Any suggested settings? 3.) Best source for reasonable priced amateur glass. I would like to start taking some wildlife / landscape pictures. Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is to get to one of the big photo forums and tell them what you have to work with. When you get your settings more or less figured out, take a TON of images. With live animals, a string of identical shots might produce one or two high quality images per 20. Also start working on post processing with Photoshop, etc. It is every bit as important as which camera you are using... Good luck and Merry Christmas! I look forward to seeing what you come up with...

After shooting them, make sure they are belly up on the tailgate/log. I took belly down pics for too many years
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

We still doing the middle finger salute too, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 MAG.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    After shooting them, make sure they are belly up on the tailgate/log. I took belly down pics for too many years
    This right here...

Course, nowadays I prefer to avoid tailgate shots altogether. I prefer my eagle shots in the field.