Thread: E collars

Default E collars

Garmin Alpha 200i...Anyone use one this season? I'm trying to talk myself out of it..
    At least I'm housebroken.

Stay away from it til they get the bugs worked out. Got a buddy thats a dealer,,he loves his but said he's had quite a few brought back in to be sent back...would only track up to around 350 yards or so...like anything else, they'll get it skr8..
    Last edited by Hambone; 12-20-2020 at 08:07 PM.

thats a big 10.4

I have been using my Astro 430 since 2016. It is tracking only and no touchscreen. I prefer the buttons over a touchscreen especially when it is cold and damp outside. I also run my dogs with a Dogtra 2500 T&B simultaneously. They are not phased by wearing two collars.

I have been well pleased with both.

I’ve got the 200 and still have my 100 The first 200 I had messed up and didn’t do right but I think using my linear messed it up. Garmin made it right and haven’t had any issues. Lots of things I like. Between me and my buddy I have dogs with we turn loose 30 plus dogs it’s nice that you can have separate groups and being able to deactivate and switch collars around Dog list on my 200 shows all the info instead of having to click on each dog. I would recommend buying the 200

Quote Originally Posted by lil red View Post
    I’ve got the 200 and still have my 100 The first 200 I had messed up and didn’t do right but I think using my linear messed it up. Garmin made it right and haven’t had any issues. Lots of things I like. Between me and my buddy I have dogs with we turn loose 30 plus dogs it’s nice that you can have separate groups and being able to deactivate and switch collars around Dog list on my 200 shows all the info instead of having to click on each dog. I would recommend buying the 200
    thanks...I just have one dog, and am thinking the Garmon Pro 550 with GPS to keep it really simple...I heard the TT110 or 115 is a bitch without the buttons

I have had the 200i for a month now and so far so good. Hands down it tracks better than the alpha ever thought about.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Thanks BB