Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Qualified Captain

Default More Qualified Captain

Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Wow I’ve seen some shit but nothing like that.

Just DAMN

He should hit the easy button and pushed the truck back up the ramp.

LOL at the stupid
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'm not even sure how that happens...

Have any of you witnessed a truck in the water at a landing? I never knew how often it happens until following that account. It seems as if it’s a daily occurrence.

Been around the water my whole life, in my 35 years I have never seen a truck in the water. The best boat ramp failures I have ever seen are Yankees in murrells inlet. One of the most memorable moments was with a boat named, snowbird.

Quote Originally Posted by DropEm View Post
    Been around the water my whole life, in my 35 years I have never seen a truck in the water. The best boat ramp failures I have ever seen are Yankees in Murrells inlet. One of the most memorable moments was with a boat named, snowbird.
    That MI landing is the best. I saw a panel van's transmission fail going up the ramp followed by it, the boat and trailer slowly sliding back into the water. It was surreal like I was watching a movie. In real-time, he looked like he changed his mind and decided to put it back in the water. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

My brother soaked his Nissan truck at the MI landing while he was in high school, putting boat in and transmission jumped outta gear.
    He also lost my Mariner 25hp motor in MI on another outting. Lost his hat, cut it hard to go retrieve hat and she rolled off the transom. Every motor since has been bolted down.
    Low country redneck who moved north

My fishing buddy of 40 years works for the Fed Gov and called out sick one day many years ago, trout bite on fire in our little go to spot.
    His truck, boat and trailer rolled in and someone got a pic of it and it was on the front page of the Daily News (local paper).
    This was back when everyone read the paper. He was called into the office the next day.

I had a cousin drop a Porsche in down near the elbow on the Wateree.. Years back I was backing my jon in with my old 2500 on our ramp on the river.. newly fixed ramp, the river came up and brought in some nice silt on it. I clicked on the four wheel drive and started backing, not noticing it was still blinking. I've backed down that ramp like hundreds of times, never had a problem. I go to ease on the brakes and I started sliding, I got my left foot over to the pedal, and my right went on the gas.. in drive. I was beginning to feel really uncomfortable as I kept on going back, and I went to a straight floor the f out of it.. it might have only been a few seconds, and felt like eternity with not much left when four wheel drive kicked in, everything caught and I shot out of it. I had a few friends in boats waiting on me at the sand bar in plain sight. Maybe they were embarrassed for me, I don't know.. but I waved them over to pick me up, and I never talked about it again.

I saw one in the water early one cold morning at Shem Creek, stick shift and something failed if I remember correctly, then the wrecker pulled the aftermarket bumper off trying to winch it up. It was cold, luckily the guys were going diving anyway so they were already suited up and in the water when the wrecker got there.

I almost slid into the Congaree at the Rosewood ramp, in forward 4wd, sliding backwards out of control until I slid into the divider and finally got the rig stopped a few feet before my truck was submerged up to the back bumper.

Just north of Jax FL, I had waves breaking over my tail gate once. Fun times.
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 12-22-2020 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Have any of you witnessed a truck in the water at a landing? I never knew how often it happens until following that account. It seems as if it’s a daily occurrence.
    Yes. Saw a Dodge Ram fully submerged at Buck Hall a couple years ago still hooked to the trailer and running.

I lived on Hatteras Island for many years and back then it was not overrun with Yankees.
    The winters were just locals living there and you could drive your 4wd up and down the beach for 40 miles or more.
    The big Red Drum come into the surf in late fall and more than once, I had that same feeling Highstrung described when a rogue wave
    sent whitewash water under the truck. It will peg the needle on the ass pucker meter.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-22-2020 at 10:19 PM.

lol at LL
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    lol at LL
    I figured some on here would appreciate it...

I used to put on the March of Dimes Bass tournament on lake greenwood years ago for Fuji. The biggest year we had 70+ Boats and all coming back into greenwood state parks double ramp at 3:00. About 2:45 an older guy puts his boat in and hits reverse instead of park, Dodge sinks like a rock in about 10 seconds. It actually was a close call he was getting out with the door open and it hit him and knocked him down on the ramp at the edge of the water. He wAs able to get out of the way but truck still sank. The ramp was blocked off and all the tournament boats had to come in thru one ramp, I was standing on the ramp with the old guy and almost everyone coming in said “what idiot did that” while he was standing there, felt bad for him. Lost his truck and got to hear everyone call him an idiot. Took DNR, their divers and a tow truck about 2 hours to get it out.