Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predator generator vs Honda generator

The Honda’s also have a fuel pump which allows external gas tanks. I have a 6 gal boat tank that will run my twin 2000s for about 2 days.

The predators are gravity fed.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Read until your heart is content:
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...EAD/5-2032324/

Buy Harbor freight and buy the replacement plan. The only time I ever buy replacement warranty at the checkout counter.
    Quits working and they hand you a new one right in the store.

Can’t speak to the predators but I still have the Honda’s that got my family through hurricane andrew if that speaks to their quality.

Consumer Report has done a pretty extensive write-up in the difference. They recommend both and the differences (to them) are nil. They recommend the Honda on a slight edge for quality and reliability but recommend the predator on price.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Buy Harbor freight and buy the replacement plan. The only time I ever buy replacement warranty at the checkout counter.
    Quits working and they hand you a new one right in the store.
    Ricks right. I’ve got a buddy who has two predators. He bought the plan on both, and basically gets two new generators every other year for 250$.

I cant take anybody seriously that buys anything from harbor freight that has moving parts. That warranty idea just sounds like a recipe to be fucked in a time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Ricks right. I’ve got a buddy who has two predators. He bought the plan on both, and basically gets two new generators every other year for 250$.
    You just sold me. On staying with the Japs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I'll call this and raise you 3 "why does anyone need a generator"
    To save freezer contents during a power outage. Build stuff with power tools when there is no power power source. Hunting trips.

Our club is generator power only. I have a Honda 2000 that's been going for 10yrs+. Think it was 899.00 back then. Every new generator coming in camp has been the Predator. More power, less price, and no complaints so far. That being said, I'd probably buy another Honda.
    Low country redneck who moved north

If I needed it, absolutely had to have it right now and couldn't afford the Honda, I would buy the Predator.
    Otherwise, I'd save up and buy the Honda.

I make a conscious effort not to buy Chinese made junk when possible. This Christmas was no exception.
    Screw them commie bastards, they ain't our friends.

I like my Champion I usually leave at the hunting club. For $300, it's kept freezers, fridges, and lights on for about 3-4 storms and many a night with the ac running in the camper. Surprisingly quiet also.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cham...E&gclsrc=aw.ds