Thread: Get vax or you're fired

Default Get vax or you're fired

S.C. employers can legally terminate workers for refusing vaccine
    NEWS

by: Kristen Cheatam

https://www.wspa.com/news/s-c-employ...using-vaccine/

On Thursday, the FDA approved a vaccine with the promise of preventing the virus from spreading any further.

Workers in S.C. are concerned about the safety and possible unknown side effects of the vaccine, but they’re even more worried about whether their jobs will fire them for refusing to get vaccinated.
    According to Jeremey Summerlin, an employment attorney at Horton Law Firm, there’s a possibility that employers can require the vaccination, but that decision could come with several liabilities.

“I think companies need to me mindful that if they force employees to get vaccinations and they do have a side effect, employees could directly link that to the vaccination that they were required to get,” Summerlin said, “The company could become liable in a worker’s compensation context.”

According to Summerlin, government employees such as teachers and state house staff along with those who work for private companies with over 15 employees can be asked to get vaccinated. Legally, employees can be fired for refusing, unless they claim that religious reasons or medical disabilities prevent them from getting the vaccine.

Employers may require documentation from a doctor stating that the vaccine is a danger to the person’s health.

Summerlin said companies should lead with empathy when weighing the decision to require employees to take a vaccine along with the overall safest option to prevent the spread of the virus.

“Empathy is so important if you have that interaction and relationship with your employees, if you’re willing to work with them and consider their medical conditions and emotional state,” Summerlin said,” In 2020 we need that level of empathy.”

"In 2009, both the EEOC and OSHA also required employers to make accommodations for those with serious medical conditions or religious beliefs.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) protects employees who don’t want to be vaccinated because of medical reasons, and under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, workers who oppose vaccines because of religious beliefs could also potentially opt out."

This was the last two paragraphs of the article live 5 put out.
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

To whom it may concern:

I have advised my patient _________ that due to his current medications, the unknown side effects, and how the COVID vaccination may interact with his currently prescribed medications, I have advised him to forego any COVID vaccination at this time.

Signed,

your doctor
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

But does that legally protect your job or the people at your job from the virus you may be harboring?

one thing we found out the hard way, right to work state doesn't protect the employer from having to pay 10s or 100s of thousands in legal fees to prove the legality of the firing, or settlements to make it go away because that's the cheaper route. Employers can fire people for refusing at their peril.
    Last edited by everlast; 12-15-2020 at 09:06 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

My job..... Yes
    My coworkers..... Yes

We follow safety procedures and protocols as well as working remotely whenever possible.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    But does that legally protect your job or the people at your job from the virus you may be harboring?
    No, but they need to concentrate on protecting themselves. If they get the vax, why should they worry about the guy next to them having the covid? If they don’t want to get the virus and become a carrier for however long it’ll take for their freshly vaxed body’s immune response to destroy it, then they should continue to wear a mask...because this clearly works. When we start mandating (keep mandating) that people are responsible for not transmitting a resp. virust to another person, we are all fuked...unless you are an attorney, that is.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

If the wife would fire me I could get the state and another 300 a week it looks like what is gonna happen and make more than my wife makes NOW A WEEK. When will it stop. Hate it for the children.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    S.C. employers can legally terminate workers for refusing vaccine
    NEWS

by: Kristen Cheatam

https://www.wspa.com/news/s-c-employ...using-vaccine/
    The horseshit here is that there is no approved vaccine. Current vaccine has emergency approval just like hydroxichloriquine (sp?) did.

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    The horseshit here is that there is no approved vaccine. Current vaccine has emergency approval just like hydroxichloriquine (sp?) did.
    Explain your thoughts.

I’m sure quality and proper SOPs weren’t spared for production. I can’t imagine there will be any side effects or lawsuits.

How long do you think it takes to roll out a flu vaccine for each year?

Do you understand mRNA? Or how mRNA vaccine differs from live or whole virus based vaccines?

^asshole
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

sorry. I was just kidding.

the cool thing is that I dont have to read this thread if I get the vaccine, right?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.