Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog ate Hot Hands Hand Warmer

That dog looks like it would tough to keep clean.

X2 on the pumpkin. If my dog’s stomach is really upset I replace the meal with a boiled chicken, plain white rice and pumpkin. It calms their stomach in a hurry. Float their food also to make sure they’re hydrated when they have the runs. Dissolvable Pepto Bismol tablets work in a pinch too.

I think he gets into him on purpose so he can have about an hour of uninterrupted petting/brushing

Hickory - these fellas have a short memory. Send me your address and I'll send a carpet cleaner over to take care of this for you. I'll just a need a hunting trip to that slice of heaven you have in Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post
    Hickory - these fellas have a short memory. Send me your address and I'll send a carpet cleaner over to take care of this for you. I'll just a need a hunting trip to that slice of heaven you have in Mississippi.
    Indeed. I remember that thread. LOL. Good thinking, Beech.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Better yet "pure bred english cream golden doodle".
    those are the ones that make me laugh the most.
    like, the most pure bred heinz 57.

and I'm not begrudging the OP for pleasing his wife....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

ha. it just proves that I treat everyone the same.
    (yes, the door is open. drive right in)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

LMAO. So true. If they had been paying attention, he would have had a queue of people outside his door with vacuums at daylight...

[QUOTE=beech;2822912]Hickory - these fellas have a short memory. Send me your address and I'll send a carpet cleaner over to take care of this for you. I'll just a need a hunting trip to that slice of heaven you have in Mississippi.[/Q

Carpet is cleaned Beech, but your gentlemanly gesture earned you a spot at the top of the list. Anyway, folks in MS don't like the smart mouth, rubberneck, know it all, yuppy's types from SC you run across here from time to time (really, that's a stereotype many serious hunters in MS believe... they're often not too far off).
    My English Cream Golden Retriever and Copper Yorkie-Poo (haha!) just finished a bowl of pumkin dog food. Let the rumblin begin!

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    That dog looks like it would tough to keep clean.
    He's such a tender foot, non-hunting girly house dog, he'll never know dirty like a hunting dog (service dog for my son with cerebral palsy). He hasn't minded a hose down when he's gotten a little dirty though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, to answer my question, "english cream" is just a way to make a golden retriever more expensive and uppity?

got it. thanks
    You have no idea. Add "service dog" and the accolades from the breeder and foundation he came from behind that. You'd be shocked what that dumb hand warmer eating, shedding mutt cost. He's my buddy and has a great temperament for my son w/ CP, but definitely no where close to being worth what my wife decided we were going to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    You have no idea. Add "service dog" and the accolades from the breeder and foundation he came from behind that. You'd be shocked what that dumb hand warmer eating, shedding mutt cost. He's my buddy and has a great temperament for my son w/ CP, but definitely no where close to being worth what my wife decided we were going to pay.
    That's cool Hickory. Is the dog basically a companion for your son, or can he actually assist with things?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    That's cool Hickory. Is the dog basically a companion for your son, or can he actually assist with things?
    It’s a 2 year training process for him to do everything we want. Covid messed that schedule up with the trainers not coming to our house or us being able to go there. My sons frontal lobe is severely damaged from a stroke, which is where reasoning, emotion control, etc comes from. He has “mood seizures” where he blacks out and goes in to a rage for 20-90 minutes, then just snaps out of it and is really upset and sorry. The goal is for the dog to sense it coming on and alert my son and help him remove himself from class or other public places or either lick him which distracts and comforts him. He’s not sensing it yet cause we haven't started that training, but he does lean on him and lick him once he gets wound up. Also, due to his stroke, he has partial immobility on his left side causing clumsiness and difficult with motor skills (stairs, falls easily,..). The dog is a support for him to grab hold of or cushion to fall on. He also provides general support by laying with him and playing with him, even when the dogs not in the mood. Training has a long way to go, but he already helps him and us. I knew he wasn’t a “cure all”, but if he helped my son at all, I was willing to give it a shot. All the anti “support/ emotional dog” folks obviously don’t have a loved one benefiting from one.
    Last edited by hickory; 12-15-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Common scene here. The old cow tongue in the ear trick seems to help him when he’s having a breakdown (top pic).
    505E3D23-7FFF-4AC0-A8A4-BFABCC5E3AB6.jpeg
    C231B30D-88C8-4EBB-BEEC-BF99E40F25AA.jpeg

Sounds like your son's dog is a super hero to me.
    Good luck and God bless.

Well now I feel like an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Well now I feel like an asshole.
    You probably are (like the rest of us), but nothing someone says on a websites gonna offend me.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I wonder if the English creams pick up cockleburs and beggar ticks like mine Attachment 62205
    Holeefuuk!!!! I’d hate to have to try to clean that out!! #breakoutdasheers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Holeefuuk!!!! I’d hate to have to try to clean that out!! #breakoutdasheers.....
    He loved getting brushed out. I have a lab too. I’d rather hunt with the golden, but if I know it is full of cockleburs, I’ll take the lab. He gets most of them out when he is riding in the kennel on the way back.

Hickory, service dogs are amazing. We had the opportunity to take care of one for a year while it was being trained. It was a great experience for our family and kids. And “English creams” seem to have a great temperament for what y’all are training it for. Ours is in Wisconsin now with a college student that faints and his seizures. It does provide some service capabilities, but I talked with her yesterday. She said the best thing about the dog is the confidence it gives her and always having a friend. Good luck with the training

Thanks for sharing Hickory. That sounds great and I hope it works out for you.
    Carolina Counsel