Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dog ate Hot Hands Hand Warmer

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Well now I feel like an asshole.
    its ok.

Good stuff, Hickory.

I'm still gonna pick on you. I hope that's ok, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Great pics, Hickory. I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season, kind sir.

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    You probably are (like the rest of us), but nothing someone says on a websites gonna offend me.
    Challenge accepted...

Good stuff.

But I still want to know if you tried the yellow onion enema or not.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Well now I feel like an asshole.
    Haha. After a similar situation, I decided to stop being a know-it-all internet badass nitpicking posts to find something to critique. This place would be a little better off if more would do the same.
    Last edited by WNM; 12-18-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Maybe this will help someone in the future. My sons GSHP mix once swallowed a mini corn cobb whole. My wife texted a friend who is currently in vet school to ask if it would pass normally and she said chances were not good and they see a lot of bowel obstructions caused by corn cobbs. She said give the dog 3 tsp of hydrogen peroxide and repeat every 10 minutes until they puke. It came up just like it went in after 2 doses. Keep in mind that this was done about an hour after she swallowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.barrineau View Post
    Maybe this will help someone in the future. My sons GSHP mix once swallowed a mini corn cobb whole. My wife texted a friend who is currently in vet school to ask if it would pass normally and she said chances were not good and they see a lot of bowel obstructions caused by corn cobbs. She said give the dog 3 tsp of hydrogen peroxide and repeat every 10 minutes until they puke. It came up just like it went in after 2 doses. Keep in mind that this was done about an hour after she swallowed it.
    Corn cobs dont play. You got lucky that A) it hadnt been long and B) that it didn’t cause an obstruction or create respiratory issues on the way back out. Saw a yorkie once that was DOA that choked on some kind of bone/treat. I have also seen a few cases of sand impaction/obstruction. All of the times I recall the dog ate sand from under a grill or food station that had soaked up some goodness.

Long time ago I was working in an emergency vet clinic. If I recall correctly it was a golden retriever we were working on. Owner claimed the dog ate a dead rat 30 min prior. Our main concern was that rat had been killed with poison. We induced vomiting (not with peroxide). The dog proceeded to vomit up the largest damn rat I have ever seen in my life all covered in saliva/mucous etc, completely whole. It was bigger than a damn kitten, big ass wharf rat. Don’t think I will ever be able to forget that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk