Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey Telecheck

All we need is the coyote bounty bill to pass and boom.....back to plentiful game. Before coyotes we had the most deer, turkey, and small game numbers. They have only been here like 20 years. Keep their numbers down and more game.

Default Turkey Telecheck

So you want government pay you to hunt?
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 12-11-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I’ve never understood the menatality of wanting thing to improve and change without making any improvements or changes.
    You Alabama people and yer fancy new ideers...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    All we need is the coyote bounty bill to pass and boom.....back to plentiful game. Before coyotes we had the most deer, turkey, and small game numbers. They have only been here like 20 years. Keep their numbers down and more game.
    When it comes to turkeys coyotes are not the problem.

When it comes to turkeys coyotes are not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    So you government pay you to hunt?
    Let me put it like this....before coyotes, turkeys were everywhere, deer were everywhere, rabbits were everywhere. Now all 3 are scarce. Before coyotes, no buck tags, 5 turkey tags, 15 rabbit days were normal. What’s the common denominator in all this....coyotes. What are we doing about it, not a damn thing. DNR keeps cutting the numbers we can kill while not doing shot about the problem.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 12-11-2020 at 08:07 AM.

The science says what you are saying couldn’t be further from the truth, when it comes to turkeys. The species this thread is about.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-11-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Let me put it like this....before coyotes, turkeys were everywhere, deer were everywhere, rabbits were everywhere. Now all 3 are scarce. Before coyotes, no buck tags, 5 turkey tags, 15 rabbit days were normal. What’s the common denominator in all this....coyotes. What are we doing about it, not a damn thing. DNR keeps cutting the numbers we can kill while not doing shot about the problem.
    The “science and data” that dnr will get from telecheck is about as useful as the science and data the feds are using to give us safely guidelines for COVID.

Legislators change the limits not DNR. Tax payers are not going to pay you to hunt or hunters. Fox pens owners will though

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I’m just saying the studies don’t back what you selling.
    Yeah...government studies....kinda like how the science says a “brewery/restaurant ” can remain open during COVID but a restaurant/bar must close.

Yeah...government studies....kinda like how the science says a “brewery/restaurant ” can remain open during COVID but a restaurant/bar must close.
    Ok whatever keep thinking coyotes are the problem with turkeys and fail to fix the problem. You and the SCDNR have a lot in common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Legislators change the limits not DNR. Tax payers are not going to pay you to hunt or hunters. Fox pens owners will though
    The taxpayers aren’t going to pay for the bounty. Proceeds from the numerous hunting license programs would pay it. That’s hunters paying hunters.

The taxpayers aren’t going to pay for the bounty. Proceeds from the numerous hunting license programs would pay it. That’s hunters paying hunters.
    My point is the bounty is not going to drastically improve the turkey population because they are not the problem. Birds of prey and bobcats are a totally different story. Those are your turkey killers

My point is the bounty is not going to drastically improve the turkey population because they are not the problem. Birds of prey and bobcats are a totally different story. Those are your turkey killers

Bobcats and birds of prey were here before coyotes when we had stupid numbers of turkeys. The downward trend started when coyotes became plentiful.

There's a boy that I have the pleasure of hunting with when we are both invited to hunt from a mutual friend. If you bring up turkeys he is going to tell you how hogs are the problem with turkeys. I've heard his rant more times than I care to recall. I pointed him to the video that LSU and UGA put out basically saying hogs arent a problem. I dont think he went and listened to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Bobcats and birds of prey were here before coyotes when we had stupid numbers of turkeys. The downward trend started when coyotes became plentiful.
    Well believe your made up bs if your want. For me, I will trust the people I know that have made a living out of studying the eastern wild turkey.

So you saying a coyote come up on a hen turkey on nest, he not gonna eat? Man, I’ve seen red tailed hawks catch and kill turkeys. That is an easy task for a coyote. A turkey on the nest and a fawn is like shooting fish from a barrel to a coyote.

So you saying a coyote come up on a hen turkey on nest, he not gonna eat? Man, I’ve seen red tailed hawks catch and kill turkeys. That is an easy task for a coyote. A turkey on the nest and a fawn is like shooting fish from a barrel to a coyote.
    Science says no. You know there is a real easy way to tell what’s in a coyotes diet. Crazy thing is they hardly ever find sign of turkeys in coyote scat or in their stomachs. The predator that would do what you just said is a bobcat

Science says no. You know there is a real easy way to tell what’s in a coyotes diet. Crazy thing is they hardly ever find sign of turkeys in coyote scat or in their stomachs. The predator that would do what you just said is a bobcat

I bet you believe a national lockdown will make RONA go away too don’t you?