Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey Telecheck

Default Turkey Telecheck

I just got a notice on my face page feed where turkey telecheck is required for the upcoming season. I don’t know if everybody knows this yet or not.

NEW! – All persons (including youth) harvesting a wild turkey are required to report their harvest by midnight of the day of harvest using SC Game Check. Harvest reporting is at no cost to the hunter.

There are three ways to complete the harvest reporting process. Hunters can either (a) log the harvest into the free SC Game Check reporting application on a smartphone; (b) enter the harvest via the SC Game Check website at www.dnr.sc.gov/scgamecheck, or (c) call the SC Game Check reporting phone line at 1-833-4SC-GAME (1-833-472-4263).

Turkey hunters will receive additional details and complete instructions on harvest reporting and SC Game Check with their 2021 turkey tags. Full details and instructions will also be available on the SCDNR website in early February 2021.

The SC Game Check smartphone app will allow you to report a harvested turkey with or without cell phone service. iPhone and Android users can download the free app on your mobile device through the Apple or Google Play Store. (App will be available for download beginning Feb. 1, 2021)

Who really wants to call the government every time they kill a turkey?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

what percentage of hunters would actually do this?

The same percentage that actually tag the turkeys they kill, I would guess.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I drove to a check station for many years for this and had zero problem with it. A phone call won’t hurt. Would be interesting to see the results after a season compared to survey tallied harvest figures.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I still have a brass scale. Polaroids pics and writing your name on the board.

It’s coming for deer in SC. I’ve seen tickets OOS for not doing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I wonder what you have to report? Just that you killed a legal turkey or more details. I don’t own a set of scales to weigh it so if they want any more info besides “it’s a good’en”, they better send me a kit or something.

I remember back in the day checking turkeys in. You had to weigh it, give sex, beard length, spur length, etc. I checked in 2 bearded hens back then. I don’t think they are legal anymore.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 12-10-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    I drove to a check station for many years for this and had zero problem with it. A phone call won’t hurt. Would be interesting to see the results after a season compared to survey tallied harvest figures.
    The good ole days T. I still venture down to the crossroads and thumb thru the old books of Polaroids and look at how much folks have changed. 30 years went by in the blink of an eye.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Arise Peter. Kill. Call the government. Eat.

Ooooo i so hope I get a live person on the phone when I call to check mine in this year. They are gonna be like, congratulations on your gobbler Mr. *****, I need to get some more information for our records. So how much does he weigh? “I don’t know mane, I’m in the woods and ain’t got no scales. All I know is this sumbich heavy bo”. How long is the beard and spurs? “Oh I don’t know, this sumbich a hammer bo. Beard draggin and spurs look like a damn gamecock!” Well Mr. ****, would you say it is a mature bird? “Hell yeah mane, what you think, i shoot Jake’s? This sumbich a toad bo, hand size, you know what I’m talkin bout?”

Press 1 for Jake
    Press 2 for a gobbler/Tom
    A for AM or P for PM.

Guess that'll be one phone call labluvr won't be making next year.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Great way to collect data over those stupid mail surveys.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Glad it didn’t go in effect yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    The good ole days T. I still venture down to the crossroads and thumb thru the old books of Polaroids and look at how much folks have changed. 30 years went by in the blink of an eye.
    Salem Crossroads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Salem Crossroads?
    Cross Anchor. Dela’s one stop has a treasure trove of memories in her photo albums.
    Last edited by joshua2; 12-10-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Prince's Grocery at Cross Keys was where it was at. Listed all the kills each season on poster boards in the back dining area. Would stop in to get lunch and read to see who was on them. I won big turkey in '97 with a 22lb. Tyger river WMA tom. My only claim to fame. Check stations were a good thing well beyond data collected.

Last edited by Spur hunter; 12-10-2020 at 07:40 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Great way to collect data over those stupid mail surveys.
    That is for debate. We will still receive those. As mentioned early what is the compliance rate? 50%, 80% or 95%, for total harvest rate surveys are more accurate.