Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eat Saskatoons = Lose weight

Default Eat Saskatoons = Lose weight

Dear fatties. Especially fatties in the upstate. It is 110% what you eat.

As some of you may remember, my promising, yet short, Crossfit career was cut short when I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. In the 5 years since surgery, I have found what I was good at…..eating and gaining weight. With the onset of the Rona pandemic, I perfected this craft and packed on additional weight topping out at a svelte 275lbs. At 5’11” you can picture the ball of blubber I had become. So, in total, I had gained 75lbs over the 5 years since my dr. forbade me from high intensity workouts.

At the end of this summer, my wife and I were discussing my misery. That’s what obesity is; a miserable, addictive vicious cycle of depression, eating, etc. She then told me that she signed me up for the Saskatoon paleo meal plan. We worked on the budget to fit the plan in. It ain’t cheap mind you, but neither would be insulin, High BP medicine, Doctor visits……or funerals.

So, beginning September 12, I began eating the meals from Saskatoon; all prepackaged and picked up each week, along with all the supplements, snacks, desserts etc. Everything I would eat for the week, (minus dinner Sat and Sunday.) The program is as follows: 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 5 dinners. You will intermittent fast (no breakfast) on Saturday and Sunday. Two days per week, (I do Wednesday and Friday) substitute a provided protein shake for lunch. Saturday and Sunday Supper, I provide. Saturday from 6pm-9pm, eat and drink anything you want! Sunday dinner is “lean and green.”

Results: On September 12, I weighed in at 275. Today December 5, 12 weeks later, I am at 223. That is 52lbs in 12 weeks for the math challenged. That is with Zero exercise, other than a 1 mile walk 2-3 times per week around the neighborhood with the dog. I am off the blood pressure medicine my dr put me on in May. My knees and hips don’t constantly hurt from carrying around an extra fiddy. The problems I developed in my sciatic vanished. And my mood, my attitude and overall outlook has changed for the better. I had found myself negative, down and ……. well miserable.

All that being said, could I have done it without purchasing the food? Sure, but working full time, raising two kids and all the other things life throws out………Oh and I’m not a licensed nutritionist, all stand in the way of success.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass on the info, and give a HUGE shoutout to Edmund Wu, the owner and chef at Saskatoons for a truly life changing program. If you are looking for a new year’s resolution that will help jumpstart you into a mindset of nutrition and weight management, google it, or click… https://saskatoonrestaurant.com/low-carb-paleo/

PS. The food is from Saskatoon and is freaking delicious. Its not kangaroo and elk, but its all restaurant quality and the variety is great.

There are no before and after pics you pervs. But here is a picture of the spreadsheet I kept during the program.

saskatoon chart.JPG
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Congrats and well done on the discipline it takes to stick to any nutrition plan.

Keep it up! Amazing how much better you feel without the extra weight. It is all about what you eat!

At my heaviest I was 240 and now try to maintain around 200-205. Feel better all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the transformation. Solid work. Stressful year and I need to trim 25. going to check this out.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I had no idea Saskatoons was still open. I love that joint...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Yep, he built a new building on the fairway Ford end of Halton Rd. He has greenhouses and gardens to grow some of his own vegetables and herbs.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Saskatoons was one of my favorites growing up, along with John Paul’s Armadillo Oil Co.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    His new place is beautiful!! Great place to have an event in their outdoor area. Mr. Wu and his wife are really nice folks, and like you, we love that place.

And awesome for you on the weight loss Jozie.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 12-05-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Awesome news, brother. Congratulations.

Go Man!

Dang good job dude!

Great work. Keep it up!
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Congrats. I need to get back on the wagon. Was doing great back in 2018, then fell off wagon, then ate sad wagon
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Nice job. Now the key is sustainability.

Will you always buy from them? What’s the plan to prevent cycling back into old habits?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nice job. Now the key is sustainability.

Will you always buy from them? What’s the plan to prevent cycling back into old habits?
    The convenience, the quality and variety of the food was what made it so easy. The key is getting reluctant family on board with meal planning. My teenagers aren’t keen on turnips, cabbage and quinoa.

I am taking December off and doing it on my own, then plan to do another 12 weeks in first quarter. I am budgeting the first quarter and 3rd quarter and going it on my own in the 2nd and 4th. Portion control has been the biggest adjustment. Also I drank nothing but water for 3 months other than a couple of beers from 6-9pm on a Saturday or two.

Now that I am somewhat mobile again, I’ll start some moderate exercise to supplement. I’ll start with yoga, isometrics and body weight stuff.

That’s awesome! It is totally what you eat. I can fluctuate 8-10lbs a week depending on how shitty I eat and drink (beer). Eat quality food, live quality life.

You left off “tear up quality shit”......

Congrats and keep up the good work. I’ll never grow tired of hearing about others choosing a healthier lifestyle.

Haha @ Tater
    Last edited by NUTZ; 12-05-2020 at 06:54 PM.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.