Thread: RTIC Warranty

Default RTIC Warranty

Has anyone tried to get an RTIC cooler replaced under warranty. I have one of their soft sided that has been great until just recently it is coming apart at the seams. I won it at a DU banquet, wondering if RTIC is going to give me trouble with the warranty.

I seem to recall someone having issues, maybe Calibogue, but I can’t remember for certain.
    Last edited by smitch320; 12-04-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Contact Feetdown. He loves RTIC. I distinctly remember him posting a video of one of their tumblers.

I suppose you could contact Rtic and see what they say
    Carolina Counsel

They all seem to do it. Mine was past the year warranty and they were of no help.
    Low country redneck who moved north

The lady acted like I was speaking another language when I called about a zipper breaking. I was just asking for the size or to buy a replacement and she made it seem like I was asking for trade secrets.

Yep had the same thing happen. No warranty after 1 year if I remember correctly. Use the grease they send for the zippers if you plan on using it for a while.

you're trying to return a free cooler?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I had a yeti bag and the zipper broke. It was three or four years old. I call yeti they sent me a return box for the cooler. Two weeks later a new cooler arrived at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you're trying to return a free cooler?
    Oh I'm sure he more than paid for it in raffle tix

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    I had a yeti bag and the zipper broke. It was three or four years old. I call yeti they sent me a return box for the cooler. Two weeks later a new cooler arrived at my house.
    Did the same with the backpack cooler. Buddy had a coral pink(limited edition color), and I faded real bad. Contacted yeti after 4 years and they offered to give him 60% off of anything on their site or send him a new limited edition color. He took the discount and got a river green 65 for $150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Same here. Zipper broke on mine and they gave me the option to pick between four like-sized/priced coolers. Ended up getting the new bag coolers that use the magnets to shut. Surprisingly, the cooler won't leak at all if its tipped over or if you hold it upside down because the magnets are that strong. But, because they're so strong, it makes it a bitch trying to pack it full of beer and ice.

RTIC doesnt have to have as good of a warranty because you can buy another one 4 years later and still come out cheaper than if you wouldnt have bought a YETI to begin with

Yup. I'm on my 4th yeti bag cooler. They have been great to deal with.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Same here. Zipper broke on mine and they gave me the option to pick between four like-sized/priced coolers. Ended up getting the new bag coolers that use the magnets to shut. Surprisingly, the cooler won't leak at all if its tipped over or if you hold it upside down because the magnets are that strong. But, because they're so strong, it makes it a bitch trying to pack it full of beer and ice.
    I had the same experience. No questions asked, replaced in a week.

The magnet is aggravating as hell though and it surprises me that they decided to go that route. I cut the center out of a 5 gallon bucket lid and will use it to hold the magnet apart while loading and drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine off their site so they had exact date I bought it. It was about 1.5yrs old. They didn't offer anything but a sorry, it's out of warranty. Maybe I need to try again and hope for better service. The seams on those soft sided coolers lids seem to bust open often.
    Low country redneck who moved north