Thread: Trump VP Pick

Default Trump VP Pick

I think the nomination is his
    Who is his VP?
    Below is a copy and past from an article I just read, written by the country's top pollster and polling analyst

In 2016, to the surprise of many, Trump picked Mike Pence to fulfill this role. Pence turned out to be an inspired choice. When the highly embarrassing Billy Bush tapes story broke, and Trump's lewd comments about women were broadcast to the world, his campaign wobbled. Many elected Republican senators and Congressmen and women ran for the hills. It was as if Trump was alone.

Yet Pence was rock solid. He stood by him. And I believe that it was Pence, above all, who steadied the Southern Baptist vote and that of other Christian evangelicals all over the country. I have little doubt that without Pence, things would have been much, much tougher for Trump. So who be his VP candidate this time?

This may surprise you, but I think there is another outsider currently running for president who is very worthy of mention. His name is Vivek Ramaswamy. I met him earlier this year and was seriously impressed. He has youth on his side, being 37, and he is personable and decent. The son of Indian immigrants who was educated at Harvard and Yale, he has a good story to tell.

He has also been hugely successful in his professional life, having built a fortune by working in finance and biotech. And his refusal to worship at the altar of corporate wokeism and his hatred of virtue signaling have won him many fans. So has his stance on false accusations of embedded racism. He represents the kind of modernity that American conservatism needs if it is to prosper as we enter the second quarter of the 21st century.

Many believe that the key to Trump winning the 2024 election is held by the votes of suburban women. Poll after poll shows that he is not doing well with that group. And yet, if we look at the gubernatorial race in Virginia last year, the Republican candidate, Glenn Youngkin, won by talking about wokeness in the education system. He appealed to parents who are deeply concerned about the controversial ideology that is being pushed in many public schools. This is now a highly sensitive issue throughout America.

And it is not just the parents of staunch Trump Republicans who feel it deeply. Those who might not currently regard themselves as natural Trump supporters are very worried about it as well. For this reason, I'm beginning to think that maybe it is the quietly spoken and intellectually forceful Ramaswamy who can help Trump to reach this important section of the electorate.

I will be in Milwaukee for the debate and I will be watching Ramaswamy closely. To win the presidency, Trump must pick the right VP candidate. I believe that Ramaswamy may offer him his best prospect of success.

^^^ Nope.

The guy is selling snake oil.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-03-2023 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^ Nope.

The guy is selling snake oil.
    Bingo… this dude is a farce.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I'm married to a suburban woman who loves Trump. My suburban sisters, same story. My mom, yep. I think there's some urban sisters that are loving some Trump too...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

So, who do y'all suggest?