Thread: Clarendon County Navigation

Default Clarendon County Navigation

https://www.foxnews.com/world/americ...-island-waters

Anyone know the whole story here?

I think that's pretty much the story. Sailed into BVI waters, got quarantined. I think the local authorities were looking for $20 grand in shakedown cash, but they didn't have it on them. Now, the word is out, so I'm guessing that they will keep them for 14 days, let them go, and then charge them about 20 grand for their stay.

The sailing community has taken it up the ass like few other groups during all this. What once was seen as the default "escape hatch", has proven to be a fucking nightmare. People who have been sailing nonstop for over a decade suddenly can't provision, can't fish, can't get freshwater, etc.

The learning curve has been steep on this one, and the community has found out who their real friends are...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The sailing community has taken it up the ass like few other groups during all this. What once was seen as the default "escape hatch", has proven to be a fucking nightmare. People who have been sailing nonstop for over a decade suddenly can't provision, can't fish, can't get freshwater, etc.

The learning curve has been steep on this one, and the community has found out who their real friends are...
    What, no "Lawyers, guns and money" reference? Some of the liveaboard channels I follow on YouTube have pointed out some savage restrictions and "taxing" situations. Many that liveaboard have modest budgets that do not include big shakedowns. True independence is a mighty elusive thing. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Why we staying in the HOLE. But JabIII is total on point and it really sucks
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

They are not from manning because I don’t know them.

You've been gone from manning so long you can't say that.

I think they got a court date today. With all of the attention, I'm sure they'll be sailing back home soon.

I am just curious of story. No reason to go uphill from St John unless you are going somewhere in BVI.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    You've been gone from manning so long you can't say that.
    That hurts more than you know, and i am not gone. I just don’t sleep there as much. I bet they are from the northeast and wind blew them to the lake just like it blew them into the trouble they are in.