Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Season over edition...

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    100° over 40°? You are outside of your damn mind.....
    Weak, I know. I've had to borrow my old lady's sweater. Looked like a halter top
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

That is not a mental image I need
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Smitch is right. I can add layers. It can do this shit 6 months a year in my opinion. Fuck 100 deg
    cut\'em

Yea I wait all year for this kind of weather. Cold, snow, wind, ducks are gonna be on the move, have to feed. Seeing 60-70 degree highs in December/Jan is depressing

50° to 15° temperature drop in 8 hours Christmas morning. Hopefully this rain front keeps moving quickly or it will be blizzard time...

The older I get the more I prefer 70-82 degrees with lower humidity.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

White Christmas achieved. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Merry Christmas! I will say it does not get much colder than 30 in SC....and I have been in some cold ass places.

Had the washing machine drain back up this morning @2:00 am. It was cold outside but got it unclogged about 2:30ish. Merry Christmas with a feel like 17
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    White Christmas achieved. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Merry Christmas!! My girls were wanting snow so bad. I think we had a few flakes around midnight, but nothing significant.

74854D0A-CF30-4D8B-A073-647AF367A750.jpg

8CF349B1-9286-4562-AD28-3B3EFC091CD9.jpg

Current situation at my house. About 6”-8” so far, still flurrying. I did cook breakfast outside on the blackstone, with my glassing puffy jacket, Filson gloves, and fleece base layers on.

It rained last night, went out this morning and the truck doors were frozen shut- Merry Christmas

I’m enjoying this weather. Almost makes me feel like I’m back out west, if there were a few snow capped mountains off in the horizon, I’d be in my happy place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Woodcock were thick yesterday. Hopefully they stick around through the next couple of days.

Nice inversion this morning. Surrounded by teens and twenties across the area, it is a balmy 45° on the mountain. The dogs are well pleased after 8° yesterday...

It's getting that gloomy wet snow look again. Hoping this will miss us since they called it early...

Calling for around 3" at my house. We got some ice two days ago, in town about 7 miles away they got about 2".

Saw where they’re calling for 16” of snow an hr northeast of me in the Smokies on the local news this morning....sounded like that was in the high elevations around Mt. LeConte and Clingmans dome. I’m still fixing to make the drive through SE TN/NW GA for the Unicoi call makers show tomorrow. Plan was to start driving before daybreak in the morning but I may be slipping out after I get the kids to bed tonight now.
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 01-07-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Well good luck with it. You know how these things can be. Anything from a cold misty rain to a blizzard. If we have to have it, I hope we can avoid more of this wet heavy shit snow we have been getting more frequently the last few years. Can't do anything in it. So heavy it breaks down all sorts of things like chestnut lumber buildings built in the early 1800's that have seen a couple thousand snows, hundreds of them many times deeper. Weird stuff...

Looks whiter than a rattlesnake roundup out there. Sposed to snow all day...

Heavy wet snow falling in Henderson County; Public urged to stay home
    Rebecca Walter
    Hendersonville Times-News

Henderson County and the region are under a winter storm warning ahead of a heavy snowfall expect hit Thursday into Friday.
    UPDATE: Snow began falling in Henderson County at about 9 p.m. Thursday. The National Weather Service at 12:30 a.m. Friday was calling for 3 to 7 inches by the end of the day, with a high near 36 degrees.

A winter storm warning is in effect until midnight Friday, with heavy snow accumulations possible before the precipitation tapers off, the NWS said.

UPDATE: Based on the forecasted snow accumulation and potentially hazardous travel conditions Friday, Henderson County Public Schools will be closed for all students and staff, with an annual leave day for staff.

While all students are currently learning remotely, there's a likelihood of power outages along with potentially hazardous travel conditions for teachers who teach from their classrooms using the district’s technology infrastructure and their teaching materials, school officials said.

UPDATE: The Blue Ridge Parkway is closed in most of Western North Carolina, including Asheville, in advance of wintry, snowy weather descending upon the mountains.

The only open sections in Asheville are a 4-mile stretch from Milepost 389 at the Hendersonville Road entrance in South Asheville, to MP 393 at the Brevard Road/N.C. 191 entrance near the North Carolina Arboretum, but that might also soon close, the Citizen Times reported at 8 p.m.

Heavy wet snow on the way for Henderson County, WNC; Public urged to stay home

Henderson County and the region are under a winter storm warning ahead of a heavy snowfall expect hit Thursday into Friday.

Heavy wet snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches are expected, with higher amounts likely on eastern facing mountain slopes, according to the National Weather Service.

Travel conditions could be “very difficult to impossible,” the NWS said. The hazardous conditions will impact the morning and evening commutes.

Temperatures falling into the 20s Friday night will cause slippery road conditions to persist well into the weekend following the storm.

Road crews with N.C. Department of Transportation began treating roads around 7 a.m. Thursday and will continue on until this evening, according to County Maintenance Engineer Roger Ayers.

Henderson and Polk counties were on the schedule for Thursday. Roads in Transylvania County were treated Wednesday, he said.

Ayers warns the public that since this system is expected to bring a wet snow, roads will be slick. A chance for refreezing and black ice throughout the weekend is also a concern.

“Be careful. This will be one of those unusual snows,” Ayers said, adding there is the possibility for ‘thunder snow’ in this system, which can create more snow.

He urges the public to stay home if possible. If travel is a must, motorists are urged to slow down and keep enough distance between vehicles. Ayers also cautioned motorists to be aware of DOT vehicles treating and clearing the roads.

The public is urged to only travel during an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food and water in your vehicle, he advised.

While rain and snow are expected to be the main types of precipitation, a brief period of sleet or freezing rain will be possible, especially from the Blue Ridge escarpment through the northwest Piedmont.

But any sleet or ice accumulations are expected to be minor, according to NWS.

The winter storm warning from NWS is in effect from 7 p.m. this evening until midnight Friday.

The storm system will also bring potentially severe thunderstorms to other parts of the South, forecasters say.

The storms expected Thursday and Friday along the central Gulf Coast will have the potential for brief tornadoes, the National Weather Service projected.

Snow and ice will be the main threats across parts of the Appalachian Mountains.

A winter storm warning that goes into effect Thursday night and continues into Friday also covered much of the north Georgia mountains, the Associated Press reported.

Winter storm warnings also covered parts of Tennessee and Virginia.

https://www.blueridgenow.com/story/n...&utm_term=hero